Privacy screen protector from VZW

txskeets

Reaction score
Dont get this privacy screen protector. Its complete crap (its the one VZW sells in a one pack). First off, it makes the screen too dark since its privace. And the biggest problem for me was it REALLY interfeared with using the touch screen. I couldnt slide my screen to unlock it, and it had a bad time with me pressing anything on the screen. Once I took it off, everything was fine with the screen. I went back to VZW returned it and bought the 3 pack of screen protectors they had. Those protectors work GREAT. No problems at all, and since they are not 'privacy' they dont make the screen dim!

ShoeSh1ne

Reaction score
Thanks, I need to pick up those protectors.

Hook 'em Horns!

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
Interesting that VZW recalled those crappy protectors. I will say, they gave me no grief when I went in and returned that protector on Friday.

graff_king

Reaction score
I got mine on fri and have a friend that works for vzw. She called me @ like 2pm to tell me they were being recalled. Definitely messed w touch screen sensitivity.

Zippster

Reaction score
I had heard about the "recalls" but when I returned mine yesterday, my store looked at me like I was on crack when I said that and how bad it was trying to use them.

graff_king

Reaction score
I have friends @ 5 stores around here and all of them have pulled the privacy guards. Did the store you were at still have them on display?

Zippster

Reaction score
I have friends @ 5 stores around here and all of them have pulled the privacy guards. Did the store you were at still have them on display?

Not sure because I was given them by a sales person when checking out and I asked for a "screen protector" :huh:

briankeith513

Reaction score
Dont get this privacy screen protector. Its complete crap (its the one VZW sells in a one pack). First off, it makes the screen too dark since its privace. And the biggest problem for me was it REALLY interfeared with using the touch screen. I couldnt slide my screen to unlock it, and it had a bad time with me pressing anything on the screen. Once I took it off, everything was fine with the screen. I went back to VZW returned it and bought the 3 pack of screen protectors they had. Those protectors work GREAT. No problems at all, and since they are not 'privacy' they dont make the screen dim!

Interesting, I bought my Privacy Protector when I got my Droid on 11/3/09, and I love it. No problems with the touchscreen sensitivity, and the privacy part works very well.