Prima donna app devs

silverfang77

Reaction score
I just read the news that the screencap app I use, ShootMe has been yanked from the Market by its dev because he's apparently too thin-skinned to withstand two negative reviews.

Seriously. If a someone is going to make an app, they should expect to get some negative reviews, even unfounded ones. It comes with the territory. If a person is too sensitive to deal with the criticism, they shouldn't design apps in the first place.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
are you sure that's why the app was pulled? That app has been out a long time, so I am sure there have been negative reviews in the past and it was never yanked then. Not saying it's not true but I would be incredibly surprised if that's why it was pulled.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow, well I am incredibly surprised, haha. Well it is something a lot of these people do in their free time and they really don't make much, even off paid apps. While I agree you should have tougher skin than that, I can see where it would grow old too. Now if it was only two comments than that is taking it a bit too personally but like I said that app has been out a long time, so I am sure it has been a build up of people pestering and complaining to him about stuff.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I can see where he'd be upset by the comments from people complaining about the rooting requirement, since he mentions several times in the app description that rooting is required. However, if someone has a genuine problem, then he should be willing to help them.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can see where he'd be upset by the comments from people complaining about the rooting requirement, since he mentions several times in the app description that rooting is required. However, if someone has a genuine problem, then he should be willing to help them.

Yeah definitely, as a developer you should be ready to give support to your "customers" when they need it. I guess the few bad apples spoiled the whole bunch for him.

(no pun intended on the apple line)

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Yeah and it's sad for everyone because that was a nice app.

Some of those apples are full of worms. lol