Previous BB Owners, how are you gonna deal with no more Blackberry Messenger?

minniemouse27

Reaction score
When I got my Pearl two years ago, my husband and I had planned on using Messenger but in reality it was easier to just email each other since the other would get it at their desk at work or their BlackBerry otherwise.

If we think we may need to text at some point in the future... I'll look into Gtalk (I'll have the Droid and he still has his BlackBerry!).

yungster12

Reaction score
I am one that uses BBM HEAVILY. I have like 90 contacts and 4 groups I chat with :D. Having said that. Google talk will become my best friend :). It's free for the other side also :p. Until google wave gets out that is than i'm sure we will all switch to that ;)

This group function is the only real thing lacking on gtalk compared to BBM. They need to get an app for the BB people and get that group functionality rolling so we can all talk regardless of droid or blackberry....

home38er

Reaction score
This group function is the only real thing lacking on gtalk compared to BBM. They need to get an app for the BB people and get that group functionality rolling so we can all talk regardless of droid or blackberry..../QUOTE]

I agree, The Chat Room group function is what I'm going to miss most. Nothing like Sunday Football BBM chats with my buds all over the country. Was a Good App for Guys and Sports Chats
BBM will be the most missed thing from my BB.
Lets see what the Ando-App world has for us old BBM dudes.

Reaction score
I just use BBM for work and a couple of friends. It was really the only thing I was worried about, but im sure It won't be missed that much.

Mayhew

Reaction score
I will miss BBM when I am travelling abroad and wondering how much texts and data are setting me back.

qoncept

Reaction score
With so many other options for messaging I don't know how anyone ever got in to BBM to begin with. (Same with Google Talk)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's greater flexibility in using one of the IM options since most smartphones have various IM clients and there are, of course, desktop clients for IM. BBM was handy but it's restricted to BB's only. I won't miss it as my BB friends have mostly moved on to other platforms.

AngryRh1n0

Reaction score
My friends with BBM thought I still had my BB, apparently whenever I sent them a message it came across BBM.