Prep for hard reset?

Soucouant61

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global that has been flawless up until 2 months ago. Lockups, freezing, all kind of crazy stuff. When I pull the battery that doesn't help. It often restarts with all the same errors, then suddenly it'll fix itself. Every time I got the the V store is starts working perfectly and I can't show them the problems.

Anyway, I went int to the V store today after a bad bout of it yesterday. The tech said that I have a lot of apps on the phone which may be conflicting with something or many things. He said to do a hard reset then slowly add back the apps. He is right about a lot of apps, and there are many I rarely use.

Any suggestions on what prep should I do before the wipe? There are some apps I cannot live without. Swiftkey which I got free from Amazon. (I no longer have the amazon store) LP paid, and several other paid apps. Any way store my LP setups? Any way to have the phone generate a list of the loaded apps?

thanks

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Aside from what you got from amazon all your apps will auto restore after the hard reset. To really check if it is app conflicts restart in safe mode. Power off, the hold the menu key on the physical keyboard and power on. That's how it works on the D1 anyways. That restarts you with only system apps running. if no problems, I would delete apps you don't use and go from there.

sent from somewhere...

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Settings>Manage Applications will give you a list.

Launcher Pro Preferences>Scroll down and you'll see a backup option that will backup your screen settings

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score

Launcher Pro Preferences>Scroll down and you'll see a backup option that will backup your screen settings

But will a hard reset kill the LP backup? Is there anyway to get the app list copied and sent e.g by email?

iamjoe

Reaction score
I made sure to copy over all my photos and videos to my pc. I use atro file manger so I was able to back up any app that I had to my card and then re install easily post wipe.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Nothing stored on your sdcard is ever affected by a hard reset.

As far as email your app list. No, but you can log into the browser based market and all your apps will be there.

sent from somewhere...

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

But will a hard reset kill the LP backup? Is there anyway to get the app list copied and sent e.g by email?

It's on your SD Card.

No.

Aside from what you got from amazon all your apps will auto restore after the hard reset. To really check if it is app conflicts restart in safe mode. Power off, the hold the menu key on the physical keyboard and power on. That's how it works on the D1 anyways. That restarts you with only system apps running. if no problems, I would delete apps you don't use and go from there.

sent from somewhere...

I've never gotten mine to auto restore. Pretty annoying, really. Could it be because I have multiple devices?

scott craft

Reaction score
I haven't had any luck with apps auto restoring either. Paid apps show back up in the download list but that's about it. I thought they were supposed to but guess I was wrong.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I haven't had any luck with apps auto restoring either. Paid apps show back up in the download list but that's about it. I thought they were supposed to but guess I was wrong.

Oddly enough, this worked for me for the FIRST TIME tonight. I installed the first release of a ROM for my Pro, but had to go back to stock, and the apps installed on the reversion.

scott craft

Reaction score
When my phone was rooted it seemed like most of them downloaded but stock it doesn't. I'm eating crow at home because I told my wife my apps would restore ota without being hooked to a computer like her iphone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums