Pre Installed Apps!!!

raiderz37

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered, (but i'm an idiot) when it comes to the Droid!!! How do I get rid of (Delete) Pre installed apps? Any advice is much appreciated! (Droid Incredible user)! :)

OP
R

raiderz37

Reaction score
root and delete. That simple.
Uhhh, "Root"? Is their an app for that? A Process i have to go through? No disrespect my friend, but, I dont what "root and delete" means!!! If you have some time, can you give me the procedure? Much Thanks and Respect!!!!

Beka27

Reaction score
Do a forum search for root. It opens up the phone allowing for customization. It also voids your warranty. The benefits tend to outweigh the risks tho.

(from Beka's DX)

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Rooting can be very risky if you do not know what your'e doing. It is like jailbreaking an ipod/iphone. You hack it so that you can gain full access to the entire phone. You can customize it, alter cpu speeds, and delete apps, files, and data that you otherwise couldn't if your phone is just running the stock operating system.

It does void your warranty, and if you do something to break it, you will not be able to get a replacement or a fix from verizon, unless you are able to get into it an unroot it.

OP
R

raiderz37

Reaction score
Do a forum search for root. It opens up the phone allowing for customization. It also voids your warranty. The benefits tend to outweigh the risks tho.

(from Beka's DX)

Rooting can be very risky if you do not know what your'e doing. It is like jailbreaking an ipod/iphone. You hack it so that you can gain full access to the entire phone. You can customize it, alter cpu speeds, and delete apps, files, and data that you otherwise couldn't if your phone is just running the stock operating system.

It does void your warranty, and if you do something to break it, you will not be able to get a replacement or a fix from verizon, unless you are able to get into it an unroot it.
Thanks for the replies, all I want to do is delete some pre- installed apps, like "Stock", "Amazon MP3", and "Skype"! Can I do that?

AlexSB

Reaction score
After rooting you could but it's best to "Freeze" them instead of actually deleting them because I think you need them for updates. The paid version for an app called Titanium Backup allows you to freeze apps. Or there are ROMs that are bloatware free.

Liberated Droid II

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

(from Beka's DX)

Thanks for the replies, all I want to do is delete some pre- installed apps, like "Stock", "Amazon MP3", and "Skype"! Can I do that?

Deleting pre-loaded apps require that you root your phone first. If you are not familiar with this, do some research first and know what you are getting into.

When you are ready to root then follow the instructions in this tutorial, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ow-root-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-32-a.html.