Pre-installed applications

doctord_FL

Reaction score
This is not a windows machine. Those apps are loaded in memory waiting to be used. They are not "running". Loaded in memory on android does not equal running in the windows sense of the word. They are not using the battery. Android will remove them from memory if it needs to in order to do something you ask it to do. The memory manager in Android will handle the situation without your interference.​

This has got to be the best answer I have read concerning Apps Running:)dancedroid

Legacy23

Reaction score
This is not a windows machine. Those apps are loaded in memory waiting to be used. They are not "running". Loaded in memory on android does not equal running in the windows sense of the word. They are not using the battery. Android will remove them from memory if it needs to in order to do something you ask it to do. The memory manager in Android will handle the situation without your interference.

So what's the point of having them "loaded in memory" if I don't use them or and don't want them on my phone?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is not a windows machine. Those apps are loaded in memory waiting to be used. They are not "running". Loaded in memory on android does not equal running in the windows sense of the word. They are not using the battery. Android will remove them from memory if it needs to in order to do something you ask it to do. The memory manager in Android will handle the situation without your interference.

So what's the point of having them "loaded in memory" if I don't use them or and don't want them on my phone?

My best guess is - the software was designed with more people in mind than just you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Legacy23

Reaction score

My best guess is - the software was designed with more people in mind than just you.

your exactly right bayou...which is the reason why i think we should all have the option to install or remove any of the apps that are on the phone....thats the main reason I want root....to get rid of the things on my phone that i don't want there....weather they are using memory or battery or not.....because they are there with someone other than myself in mind

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The X will be rooted. Then you can remove the bloatware. Just be wait a bit. :)