Power Off: reboots vs. powering off ??

csimo

Reaction score
I found a widget called "SilentMode OnOff" that does one-click toggle between normal, vibrate and silent.

CDMA phones in standby are not as annoying as GSM phones, in meetings. I have heard GSM phones causing RF interference in conference call speakerphones and other speakers (e.g. TV) in the room.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Yes that works most time, but there are situation that require your phone to be OFF and the only way to do that is to pull the battery. In some jobs you will be fired if you have a cell phone that's turned on in any way.

On an airplane you must have the device turned off for takeoff and landing. Airplane mode is NOT intended for takeoff and landing... only use above 10k feet when you are allowed to use electronic devices. So having the X in Airplane Mode during takeoff and landing unacceptable. If you turn it off it will just turn on again and make you a criminal.

Battery pull is currently the only answer. Thanks Moto.

leonozug

Reaction score
My girlfriends X was doing the same thing, not powering off entirely. Mine was powering off, but I was having notification problems with emails. I had a great solution though...SBF back to Froyo and root it and Rom it!! The 2.3.3 Gingerbread update is terrible. I can't believe Moto/Verizon released such a pile a crap. I'm on CM7 for the DX now. Thank God. :)

bassmen6

Reaction score
This started on my DROID X as soon as the Android OS was updated a few weeks back. Mine does it every time it has been on for a while, but when I power down a 2nd time, it stays off. It's still a pain and needs fixed soon. Removing battery not a good option for me since I have a case protecting the phone.

My girlfriends X was doing the same thing, not powering off entirely. Mine was powering off, but I was having notification problems with emails. I had a great solution though...SBF back to Froyo and root it and Rom it!! The 2.3.3 Gingerbread update is terrible. I can't believe Moto/Verizon released such a pile a crap. I'm on CM7 for the DX now. Thank God. :)