Power Cycling when connected to one particular wifi network

billyanks2

Reaction score
This problem started a while ago. I did a hard reset, it continued. I did another hard reset, still continued, abated for a while, then started again tonight. What happens is every time I'm connected to my wifi network at home, and only that network, (no other wifi network has been a problem), my (stock) Droid X keeps power cycling over and over. I get an error whenever I try to turn off the wifi radio. Whenever I walk out of range of my network, or manage to get in to the wifi settings and forget my network before it restarts the problem stops. Obviously I can just stop connecting to my wifi, and deal with it, but I'd like to figure out what the hell is going on. I'm out of warranty, and the people at the Verizon store had no idea how to help me, though I haven't tried calling tech support. Can anyone make sense of this issue? Thanks

SANhacker

Reaction score
If it were me I would delete the WI_FI connection and then re create it.
i.e. Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> WIFI Settings -> Select the Network and delete it.
Then let your phone "re detect" that network.

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
Did it. Multiple times. Same problem. I think it usually behaves normally for a few days after I do it, but definitely still comes back.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what kind of router is it? like the manufacture and mode numberl???