Power Button not working

IamJolyn

Reaction score
Hello, wondering if any of you could help me. I have the Maxx, and it is only a couple of months old. I have used it find all day, I get a text and touching the power button doesn't bring the screen up, I plug it in and the lock screen comes up, but the power button does nothing. I can't get it to turn off and the only way to get the screen on is to plug or unplug it. Because of the extended battery there is no battery to pop and and reset the phone. Thanks for any suggestions!

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time for about 15 seconds. This will force the phone to reboot as if you pulled the battery. Hopefully this helps. There are a lot of people on this forum that know way more than me, so I'm sure you'll get some suggestions.

Krenzy

Reaction score
If you hold down the power and volume button for awhile it should restart it. I don't know of any other way to turn off or restart the phone without using the power button, short of doing a factory data reset, which would automatically do that for you as it resets everything. Hopefully someone knows of another way.

OP
I

IamJolyn

Reaction score
thanks both of you, holding the power & volume worked, and it restarted and now is working just fine. I love this phone, but it does have it's weird quirks. Thanks again!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
If you hold down the power and volume button for awhile it should restart it. I don't know of any other way to turn off or restart the phone without using the power button, short of doing a factory data reset, which would automatically do that for you as it resets everything. Hopefully someone knows of another way.

Download Motorola restore connectivity, it resets your 4g settings, then restarts the phone, it's how I do all my power cycles unless phone is completely locked up

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums