power button issues

Tonyr570

Reaction score
I have a droid 1 running sourcery rom. It's been fine up until a few weeks ago the power button stopped working. Now it acts on it's own and turns the screen on and off at will and brings up the power menu the one with reboot airplane mode ect. with all that going on I still have no control pushing the button doesn't stop it or do anything neither does holding it down. I don't exactly know what is causing this if anyone has any idea's I would really appreciate it.

nbucko

Reaction score
What happens if you try to re-install your ROM? Could be some weird problem with the ROM but it could also be a failing power button.

OP
T

Tonyr570

Reaction score
I was going to try that but since this happened my phones been acting a little glitchy. Random force closes and Widgets dissapearing. So I was thinking of switching to a different rom. But I was wondering if there's a rom with button mapping in it just incase it is the button.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
I'm not sure if project elite has mapping or not but it is rock solid. I'm playing with liquid right now and see some options for buttons so that may be an option as well. I guess since I'm not familiar with button mapping I really don't know what you're looking for.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
T

Tonyr570

Reaction score
I used P.E before sourcery and really liked it but sourcery is a little more customizable for themes and things. I've been looking around and I think Chevy's has button mapping but I'm not sure and i don't know what the roms like either.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, liquid had the option of the volume rocker on/off then I used the app screen on/off and made the search button a shortcut for that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

hyperlite456

Reaction score
I have a stock droid with the same problem. A few weeks ago I dropped it and the power button quit working. The UI is also going crazy and hitting random buttons without my control. It's fine now, but it's not consistent.

OP
T

Tonyr570

Reaction score
Well thanks for all the help I needed a quick fix to limp it along because I thought it had to last until February bu turns out I can upgrade this week so IT'S NEW PHONE TIME!! Now I just need to pick one i'm thinkin razr but it's a little pricey if you guys have any suggestions I'm open I'm gonna look around for opinions but i figured i'd give you all an update.

nbucko

Reaction score
Basically its between three phones. The Rezound, RAZR and Nexus. The Rezound has the fastest CPU at 1.5ghz but is made by HTC which I worry about the quality of the build and the reliability of the components. You never know, it may be built like a tank and not have any problems but only time will tell.

The RAZR I believe is the first one of the three coming out and should be a great phone but like the Rezound will have bloat unless you root and rom. Moto makes great phones though so build quality should be top notch.

The Nexus still doesn't have an "official" release date so it will definitely be the last to come out but its a developer phone running ICS with little to no bloat and the ability to freeze the bloat if it does come with any. The specs should be similar to the RAZR but I've heard mixed reviews on Samsung's build quality.

Basically you need to hold out as long as you can and play with the phones that are available when you decide to get one.