Potential WidgetLocker Pattern Lock Fix!!!

StarTrakBBC

Reaction score
I like many Android users use the the WidgetLocker app for its vast customization, functionality, and practicality. However the one glaring flaw that causes great frustration to many is the fact that it doesn't work well (or at all) with the Android 2.2+ pattern lock. Well after playing around with it and some apps from the Market, I might've found a solution to the problem. It's rigged up, but it works well with a couple of caveats; here are the steps to do it:

1. Obviously make sure WidgetLocker has been downloaded from the market and enabled. Make sure "Appear on boot" is checked in the "Behavior" setting.

2. I have it set on a Custom Timeout, but I'm not sure that'll affect it or not. (Once I got it to work I didn't wanna screw with the settings lol )

3. Under the "Advanced" setting, make sure "HomeHelper Component" is checked and that "HomeHelper's Launcher" and "Select System Home" have been set to the WidgetLocker HomeHelper and your launcher of choice respectively

4. ***For Rooted Users, Make sure "Root Helper" is checked (I also have the last 4 settings checked after "Always unlock to Home" which is under "Root Helper"

5. Once that's completed goto the Market and download a FREE app called "AutoLock" by mooapps

6. Once downloaded and installed, open it, make sure its enabled and set the Automatic lock delay to 10 seconds (This confuses the system lockscreen timer for some reason, but it confuses it long enough to allow WidgetLocker to work properly, but not enough where it overrides the pattern lock)

7. Set your pattern lock to your desired time and enjoy!!!

CAVEATS
- This is clearly not affiliated with TeslaCoil Software lol
- I don't know how to get it to startup automatically when you turn on your phone
- I don't know if this'll work with the pin lock or password
- I don't know if this'll even work for your phone, but I know it works for my Droid X

***If anyone else would like to test this out and add to this thread that'd be awesome or if anyone finds an easier way then by all means share the wealth of knowledge

Hopes this helps all of the frustration with this otherwise great app!!!

[UPDATE!!!] It does do a weird thing when you try to interact with the notification bar, it goes back to the regular lockscreen, BUT you don't have to go through 2 lockscreens to do it

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score
I dont use a pattern lock...so Im confused.

What doesnt work about it? Cause mine works fine.

OP
S

StarTrakBBC

Reaction score
Well some people, me included, get 2 lockscreens when the pattern lock is enabled, so this is hopefully a fix for those of us with a problem. Also I posted at the bottom that I wasn't sure if it'd work with the pin and/or password

OP
S

StarTrakBBC

Reaction score
Update 2*** Potential fix for updated error

Ok so this'll fix the problem I posted the update about.

1. Download and install the app Antilock (Free) from the Market
2. Select "No Lock Mode" on the first screen and start the service by clicking the bar at the bottom
3. Go into its menu and disable the notification icon and scroll down and check the box that says "Automatically Unlock Screen"
4. (Optional) change the unlock delay to make more stable

*hopefully this is the last fix, I hope this helps!!!

DmdStar

Reaction score
This worked like a charm for me, but only after I installed BOTH AntiLock and AutoLock together with the specified settings, and of course the WidgetLocker settings too. By the way, in the WidgetLocker settings, it does work with LauncherPro as well, as the specified home (if installed).

Thanks for this... The double slide was really beginning to annoy me, but I can't give up the PIN (corporate security), and totally didn't want to give up WidgetLocker, cuz well... it's awesome! :)