Post your 4G LTE Speeds & location

ydc

Reaction score
Sheesh, I thought I was getting fast speeds, but some of your results are truly astounding!

Anyway, here's mine in Colorado Springs, CO:

Test Date: Sep 14, 2011 4:18:29 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Wellington, KS
Download: 17658 kbps
Upload: 4718 kbps
Ping: 147 ms
Latitude: 38.96584
Longitude: -104.79066

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
another reason it's BS is it shows 6Mbps download speeds but it take 10 seconds to down load a 5 MB app, so i wonder what the real speed of the network is?

If my math is correct thats 500Kbps not 6 Mbps. But what do i know i am just a consumer.

MBPS doesn't mean mega bites per second.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

scooby101

Reaction score
another reason it's BS is it shows 6Mbps download speeds but it take 10 seconds to down load a 5 MB app, so i wonder what the real speed of the network is?

If my math is correct thats 500Kbps not 6 Mbps. But what do i know i am just a consumer.

The number you quote are about right. If your getting 6bps stream for 10 seconds and you dowloaded a 5MB file that is pretty much in line. If there was no overhead for an ethernet network you could get 7MB in that same time frame. For those of you that wan't to do a quick calculation on your speeds and what that really equates to in MB goto Bandwidth conversion calculator | web.forret.com

Last edited:

brandon9559

Reaction score
Anyone elses upload speeds higher than the download speeds? No matter how many times I do it my upload is always faster.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums