Possibly bricked droid? Tried all the usual tricks and can't seem to get her going

trustno1

Reaction score
So maybe a half a year ago, I woke up and my droid was dead. I figured it was just a dead battery but it didn't seem to want to charge. I wanted a new phone so I got one and held on to this one until I decided to fix it. I tried to get into the bootloader and all that jazz but I couldn't. So here are some of the symptoms:

1.) When I go to SBF the phone, it says batt low, can't program. I took the batt out and checked the voltage. Almost 4 volts!
2.) Sometimes it goes to the Motorola M screen but just loops, never gets further than that.
3.) I hook it up to my computer and the charging light activates, sometimes it starts the M bootloop
4.) When I plug into the wall just starts the bootloop.

My sister needs a phone because she has a talent for destroying expensive electronics. It would be nice if I could save my parents some money.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
So maybe a half a year ago, I woke up and my droid was dead. I figured it was just a dead battery but it didn't seem to want to charge. I wanted a new phone so I got one and held on to this one until I decided to fix it. I tried to get into the bootloader and all that jazz but I couldn't. So here are some of the symptoms:

1.) When I go to SBF the phone, it says batt low, can't program. I took the batt out and checked the voltage. Almost 4 volts!
2.) Sometimes it goes to the Motorola M screen but just loops, never gets further than that.
3.) I hook it up to my computer and the charging light activates, sometimes it starts the M bootloop
4.) When I plug into the wall just starts the bootloop.

My sister needs a phone because she has a talent for destroying expensive electronics. It would be nice if I could save my parents some money.

You said you tried to boot into bootloader, did you try to get into recovery? If you even can. Also you should try to charge the battery on a battery charger and not through the phone. Sometimes it gives off bad readings depending on how you tested it and what you tested it with.

Devices:
DroidX Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

OP
T

trustno1

Reaction score
Its pretty strange, I can't get into recovery either. When I plug the phone into the wall charger it either bootloops or simply won't charge (light wont come on). I can't seem to get the screen to show its charging when the phone is powered off. I used a voltage meter to test it. This phone has me baffled

OP
T

trustno1

Reaction score
Its pretty strange, I can't get into recovery either. When I plug the phone into the wall charger it either bootloops or simply won't charge (light wont come on). I can't seem to get the screen to show its charging when the phone is powered off. I used a voltage meter to test it. This phone has me baffled

EDIT: I figured out how to get into recovery, I have tried doing a factory wipe and it still bootloops. Not really sure where to proceed from here

chrisrand

Reaction score
newb with a suggestion

EDIT: I figured out how to get into recovery, I have tried doing a factory wipe and it still bootloops. Not really sure where to proceed from here

Hey, newbie here, but I have been playing around extensively this past couple weeks.

That's a great thing that you have managed to get to recovery. From there try doing another reset to factory mode then wipe divalk cache (in advanced) and finally restore from backup or a new custom rom.

Oh all this will only work, if you have rooted your phone and are able to have the phone be recognized by your computer when in bootloader mode.

This is just talking from my past experiments, I'm not sure if it will work.

Good luck!

BeADroid

Reaction score