Possible to unroot?

J5311

Reaction score
i am wondering if it is possible to un root after rooting. my main concern is if i ever have to turn it in to verizon for repairs

WildcatTM

Reaction score
I would like to know, too. I just picked up the phone. I want to root it just to get rid of all the bloatware, but I don't want to overstep so soon. Really, what I would like to do is root, uninstall the bloatware, then unroot. Is that possible, yet?

anuraj1

Reaction score
Yes, with this oneclickroot, you can also choose to unroot:

Pete's Motorola Root Tools

EDIT: I
just unrooted because I started suddenly experiencing freeze-ups which required a battery pull each time. Unroot button fails unless you choose "temporary root" first and then click unroot.

Last edited:

dmacarth

Reaction score
Yes, with this oneclickroot, you can also choose to unroot:

Pete's Motorola Root Tools

EDIT: I
just unrooted because I started suddenly experiencing freeze-ups which required a battery pull each time. Unroot button fails unless you choose "temporary root" first and then click unroot.

Have you been able to confirm the freeze ups were due to root and therefore recommend not rooting?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
I believe the freezing was from me messing around with SetCPU a little too much :). I would always recommend rooting, it is part of the greatness of Android :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the Droid 3 can be unrooted if you use the manual method, I'd be curious if the Bionic is the same.

grrouchie

Reaction score
I rooted mine as soon as I got home.

I had an issue with the screen and used superoneclick to unroot before taking it back and exchanging it.

anuraj1

Reaction score
So I messed up my phone a bit last night with SetCPU so I deleted my root apps and unrooted and everything is great again. BUT.... now the root tool can't root my phone again. Crap. Any ideas from anyone?

EDIT: doing a factory reset to see if I can root after that.

EDIT 2: The factory reset fixed it! Rooted again! Now I have to set everything up again :icon_evil:

Last edited:

A.C.Sanchez

Reaction score
Tip for Unrooting

I kept getting an ADB connection error when trying to unroot. Solution: slide the unlock when the phone reboots in between steps. Worked like a charm when I did that.

fredGSX

Reaction score
I rooted, and wanted to verify unrooting would work. I had to slide the unlock between boots also for the unrooting. Now I can't get the phone to be rooted again, I keep getting an error at step 3 of 3.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I rooted, and wanted to verify unrooting would work. I had to slide the unlock between boots also for the unrooting. Now I can't get the phone to be rooted again, I keep getting an error at step 3 of 3.

Same thing happened to me, I had to factory reset to root again.