Possible to RSD back to .181 after the OTA?

Terri M

Reaction score
If this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

Is is possible for me to RSD lite back to .181? I'm not exactly thrilled with ICS, and really missing .181

Thanks

Terri

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have asked the same question on this and another forum. I have been told no. The bootloader is different and it will brick your phone if you do it. That's just what I was told. :)

OP
Terri M

Terri M

Reaction score
I have asked the same question on this and another forum. I have been told no. The bootloader is different and it will brick your phone if you do it. That's just what I was told. :)

Thanks Matty

Narffran

Reaction score
Matty is correct in his reporting. No way no how unless you buy another phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rotordroid

Reaction score
I know Matt's 1.7 Utility can "fix" a failed sideload of .211 but I don't know of anyone who has reverted back to GB after a successful ICS upgrade.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know Matt's 1.7 Utility can "fix" a failed sideload of .211 but I don't know of anyone who has reverted back to GB after a successful ICS upgrade.

I'm sure somebody will figure out a way to do it at some point in time, they always do. There's probably a dev somewhere working on it right now. :)

Exalted911

Reaction score
I really dont think there will be a way back to GB. they have been trying this for months now with no luck. only thing they were able to do was save peoples bricked phones.
Sorry dude but I think your stuck with ICS. I am curious, what is it that you dont like about ICS?? its far better than GB.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I really dont think there will be a way back to GB. they have been trying this for months now with no luck. only thing they were able to do was save peoples bricked phones.
Sorry dude but I think your stuck with ICS. I am curious, what is it that you dont like about ICS?? its far better than GB.

Can't speak for the OP, but there were a few things I didn't like about ICS over GB ... but I have either fixed them or gotten used to it. The big thing for me was the noticeable difference in battery drain, but I think I have gotten that fixed too. It's growing on me LOL

I had gone back from GB to Froyo on my old Droid 2 and locked it down so it wouldn't upgrade to GB ... so naturally I assumed there would be a way to go back from ICS to GB. Like you said, looks like we're stuck with it. But I do love my Razr Maxx. :)

jch81

Reaction score
why would you want to go back for at the most a week and then be back on ics again? Unless there is a way to stop getting the update?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
why would you want to go back for at the most a week and then be back on ics again? Unless there is a way to stop getting the update?

If you are rooted, yes, you can freeze the updater and it will stop you from getting OTA notifications. I did that on my old Droid 2, and stayed on Froyo until I got my Razr Maxx. I now have the updater frozen, so I won't get another OTA for a long time ... unless I want to. I like keeping things the way they are LOL :biggrin: