Possible to change white background color to black?

spyder560

Reaction score
Anyone know how or if it's even possible to change some of the background color (phone app, settings, etc) from white to black like it was on 4.4.2? Getting tired of Android constantly switching from white to black to white again.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There's not an option that I'm aware of in those apps. You may be able to download a third-party dialer that can be themed, but the settings menu is what it is, I'm afraid.

OP
spyder560

spyder560

Reaction score
There's not an option that I'm aware of in those apps. You may be able to download a third-party dialer that can be themed, but the settings menu is what it is, I'm afraid.

Good to know...thanks for the info! Maybe the next version will go back to black :confused:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't it. Things are trending towards whites & bright colors. Android lollipop even has white behind the app icons in the app drawer.

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rocket Dial seems to be made for the Notes. Besides black ability, it's very customizable and just seems to say "Note".
Here's a screenshot of my setup with callers intentionally scratched through.
30f298367527ffdd43794312a05945bb.jpg

Last edited:

Beardface

Reaction score
Rocket Dial seems to be made for the Notes. Besides black ability, it's very customizable and just seems to say "Note".
Here's a screenshot of my setup with callers intentionally scratched through.
Just throwing this out there... if your intention was to make sure we couldn't read anything when you scratched it all out, you might want to try again and re-upload.

Though, I do have to say (if you can't tell from the avi) I do appreciate the 540 area code

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... if your intention was to make sure we couldn't read anything when you scratched it all out, you might want to try again and re-upload.

Though, I do have to say (if you can't tell from the avi) I do appreciate the 540 area code
If it were important or personal it'd be scratched out better. They were from my wife and insurance company, no biggie. I just didn't want anyone to think the app looks that bad is why I mentioned it.
Thanks for the heads up