Possible Brick? Please Help!

OP
T

tab13092

Reaction score
Yes remove all other PB31IMG's

Ive got my adapter and am finally getting the chance to reboot my phone to its original OS. Just wondering, so i have to rename the file i download to PB31IMG or my actual card itself? Just making sure. Also, do i just skip the step to switch to s-on seeing as i cant actually even see or fully boot up yet? Im going to go ahead and skip that till i can get my rig to run right anyways, but im just double checking. Im sure itd take a few more extra roots/unroots but oh well.

OP
T

tab13092

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I didnt think it was the card but im new to this all so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask. I finally got the stock os up and going again. Now im having a hard time getting S-on :( Im not familiar with Clockwork Recovery and how to work it to flash the .zip file to turn it back on. This is exactly why i wanted to unroot, because i did it without 110% full knowledge of what i was getting into. When i try to run Clockwork Recovery from the Rom Manager app, it just reboots my phone and the HTC Incredible splash shows up...the then its all black cept 2 white bars on either side of the screen : /

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seeing as your just going to unroot right after we are not going to worry about fixing the recovery. Download the s-on .zip get it on the sd card and flash it with rom manager. The phone will reboot and you'll see the black screen and white bars but don't worry about it, it is still doing its thing. When its done phone should reboot for you.

Once its done you should be s-on and then flash the PB31IMG again to get it back to complete stock again.

Daigen

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Sorry to bump a old thread.

New member here. Anyway, I joined because I wanted to personally thank Doug for helping me resolve my phone issues. Basically I was doing a Google search on how to fix my phone that I thought I had bricked and I found this thread.

After doing some of the things Doug suggested in this thread it helped my phone boot back up.

Long story short, I rooted my phone so I could remove things like Facebook, I despise that about Android phones. After doing so I decided I just didn't like it being rooted (ya I know I'm a weird one), plus I may be upgrading to the Dinc 2, so I decided to unroot and that is where my troubles began.

I have a slcd screen, but used a unroot package for an older screen, my fault since I failed to read EVERYTHING. So it bricked, which like I said brought me here. Anyway, it is now working again at factory defaults.

So thanks again. :)

sudod2g

Reaction score
Well, ODIN? SBF? new to HTC phones not new to android. Need some help.
Here is the situation:
Rooted SLCD Unrevoked.
Flashed CM 7 all was well (ive flashed a ton of roms)
I was trying to install the latest CM nightly on Rom manager. It made me flash v.3.0.0.7 or something like that... CM nightly #7 downloaded success reboot. Now this is when things got weird.
1)No clockwork text just black screen with white boarder, hangs permanently.
2) Stuck at HTC incredible screen will not boot.
3) I have tried battery pulls, recovery because i had a PMB... file on the SD card.
4) read forums all methods to "unbrick" require place a file on my sd card. Really?
5) dont have a card reader for micro SD??

any suggestions, can I push the nesesary files or possible use unrevoke to flash the original clockwork mod.