Positives of 2.1

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some have asked what the advantages of 2.1 are, since some are seeing negatives only. Well here is a thread to list those!

1) Fixed problems with pattern unlocking! Had this in 1.5 it caused lock-ups. Seems to be working fine with 2.1.

2) Contacts entered in phone now sync back to google account. This one was needed, badly!

3) Pinch to show 7 home screens. The advantage? No more swiping 6 times to go from screen 1 to 7. Or vice-versa.

4) Battery life! My battery life doubled just going from 1.5 to 2.1.

5) Ability to dim screen. Further helped with battery life.

6) Turn-by-turn directions. Bye bye GPS unit that requires $60+ map updates. Google maps are updated for free.

7) YouTube app works now.

Enumerate your positives!

Darkseider

Reaction score
Your above points are good but if that doesn't convince them you can tell them it is the bestest super-dee-dooperest ROM evar! That or you can tell them it will let them see through girls clothing. Either one should suffice.

mattamous

Reaction score
I would have to agree on all 7 points except for #4. I seem to be noticing that my battery life isn't lasting quite as long. Of course, I may be using it a little more than normal but doesn't seem like its enough to diminish the battery life anymore.

AKS

Reaction score
Wow, no one else has any positives? Maybe I shouldn't have upgraded this morning.

Screwball

Reaction score
I like how the new Android Market is set up. But one thing I don't like with some of the free apps is that they contain Ads... and when you have the app open the ads play and thus using bandwidth and causing the unit to slow down. I will not download apps with ads... 1/2 cent of info I'm sure!