porting from sprint...

Unbreakable1

Reaction score
hello all, first post here...all indications are that i will be leaving sprint sometime here in the near future and joining my family with verizon -

if anybody is wondering why, im on SERO 500 but if i want a smartphone sprint's $10/month charge for a smartphone + another $10 for 4g is kind of ridiculous - i'd rather pay for better coverage/service and make up that difference
-
anyway after much deliberation, reviews, blogs, forums (thank you!) i think ill be going with the incredible 2, though im still kind of hesitant just cuz im one of those 'i need a physical keyboard' ppl but after playing with at VZ store seems like itll be ok

my question...since i will be joining an existing account "adding a line," can i port my sprint # over to verizon through wirefly or amazon easily?
if so, which one would you go with...im in california ifthat makes any difference w/ taxes and/or shipping

TIA!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your contract isn't locked with Sprint, and you don't owe any money, your number will be ported pretty easily. I would use Amazon over Wirefly as I used a company like Wirefly a few years ago and it sucked.

Good choice with the Incredible 2. You will not miss the physical keyboard. I thought the same thing and I will never go back.
sent from my ZombieStomped X

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the Incredible2 would be a good choice. It is one of the few phones that has a decent amount of ram. No offense to anyone but phones to stay away from IMO would be Revo, Casio, Droid X2 and Fascinate (I love my Fascinate but it takes alot of work to get it to work correctly via rooting).

I would talk to a VZW tech about porting. I would also try the phones out in store before you make a purchase. I use to love physical keyboards, but I no longer use them as the onscreen keyboards are just as good these days.

OP
U

Unbreakable1

Reaction score
If your contract isn't locked with Sprint, and you don't owe any money, your number will be ported pretty easily. I would use Amazon over Wirefly as I used a company like Wirefly a few years ago and it sucked.

Good choice with the Incredible 2. You will not miss the physical keyboard. I thought the same thing and I will never go back.
sent from my ZombieStomped X

thank you both for the quick replies! dancedroid

i have a few months left with sprint, but my ETF would only be $50 so im just going to eat the few extra $$ and make my move...i just dont want to try to port and then it takes too long to process and i end up entering my next billing cycle

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to help! I think porting happens right away, not sure.

Sent from my fascinate

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I don't know if it matters at this point but I used wirefly to purchase my Incredible 2 and it was a totally seamless, problem free experience. I also saved $140 off the phone price. Verizon had it for $189.99, and wirefly for $49.99. Also, the insurance they offer has no deductible. It's $69.99/ year which is cheaper than asurion. So for $127 (I paid extra for two day shipping) I got the phone and insurance. I will purchase all future phones via wirefly for all 5 of my lines. Good luck and you're gonna love the DI2!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will only comment about the porting of your number. It will be very easily down, however, make sure you are totally out of contract with Sprint, or you will receive an early termination fee. Don't port on the last day of your Sprint contract either, or the same thing will happen.

Welcome to VZW. I don't know anything about the Inc2 but hear it's a nice phone.

Wirefly

Reaction score
I don't know if it matters at this point but I used wirefly to purchase my Incredible 2 and it was a totally seamless, problem free experience. I also saved $140 off the phone price. Verizon had it for $189.99, and wirefly for $49.99. Also, the insurance they offer has no deductible. It's $69.99/ year which is cheaper than asurion. So for $127 (I paid extra for two day shipping) I got the phone and insurance. I will purchase all future phones via wirefly for all 5 of my lines. Good luck and you're gonna love the DI2!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Thanks! It's great to hear such positive feedback from our customers! We appreciate your comments.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of switching to sprint. The person that switched from sprint...was the reception and data speeds bad with sprint?

Sent from my fascinate