Portable Power

jon.ritter

Reaction score
I have a long trip coming up with long layovers and the airport I am going to be in doesn't have many open power outlets. Does anyone have any experience with portable power packs? I saw some last time I flew in skymall catalog and you plugged it into the wall and it backed a charge that you could connect any USB powered device to extend battery life.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Jon

Technoman

Reaction score
I have a long trip coming up with long layovers and the airport I am going to be in doesn't have many open power outlets. Does anyone have any experience with portable power packs? I saw some last time I flew in skymall catalog and you plugged it into the wall and it backed a charge that you could connect any USB powered device to extend battery life.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Jon

Picked up a device from Radio Shack here a while back. It was on sale for I think $29.95 from the original $49 or $59. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't say how well it works.

zodder

Reaction score
Not exactly an answer to your question, but I travel with an extended battery in my X and keep a fully charged regular battery in my backpack to swap out if needed.

todroid

Reaction score
Jon,

ZAGGsparq 2.0 by Zagg is pretty well reviewed. I was considering it at one time, but decided I did not need it. The first version of it was not that good, but the second version worked out the kinks. Look up some reviews, if you're interested.

thinman72069

Reaction score
You're best bet would be what zodder said.
If not an extended battery you really should look into getting a spare battery. They're cheap on Amazon and you'll get much, much more juice that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

todroid

Reaction score
You're best bet would be what zodder said.
If not an extended battery you really should look into getting a spare battery. They're cheap on Amazon and you'll get much, much more juice that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If I'm getting OP's question correctly, the spare battery would only get him so far. You'd still have to find a power outlet to charge once the second battery runs out. Battery packs are good for 3-4 recharge cycles, some of them charge faster than an AC outlet and you can make sure your battery stays fully charged by trickle charging while you're using your phone.

Different needs, different solutions.