Pop Email dated 12/31/69

swbouton

Reaction score
WHen I upgraded to Froyo my incoming POP email all started coming in dated Dec. 31, 1969. Having had a lot of problem with the upgrade, I decided to do a factory reset and start over.

The factory reset/rebuild corrected many of the problems, but the POP date problem continues.

Is anyone else having thsir problem? Solutions?

Thanks,

Steve

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Is that happening with ALL your emails or only the older ones? I had this happen when I rebooted my phone and my email went and grabbed all my old emails and those the droid dated Dec 1969 but the new emails come in just fine with the correct date.

OP
S

swbouton

Reaction score
Every message I receive, including yours to me, comes in dated Dec. 31, 1969.

Thanks for your reply.

Steve

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Are you using the stock email app or have you downloaded a replacement app for emails?? I do not used the stock email, I have and use K-9 for emails. Its in the market and I think its free. Its nice. You may want to try that and see if the date situation corrects itself.

OP
S

swbouton

Reaction score
Perfect! I installed Ideal K-9 and it does display the correct date. Much better.

I still wish I could find an E-Mail app that would allow me to set up my own folders, like a "Save" folder, and to permanently delete spam, etc., but that's for another day.

I appreciate your help very much.

Thank you.

Steve

egambino

Reaction score
I had 2 blank emails come in with the 12/31/69 date, and I just found them to be hilarious. They stayed in my email list for two days, then just disappeared. All of my other emails had the correct date. Being the old hippie that I am, an email dated 1969 didn't bother me in the least...wish I could have saved them, actually.