Poor sound quality

rbyham

Reaction score
I like my d3 but have noticed audio gets real choppy with greater frequency than other phones I have had. It seems to correlate to using the "armored" case and belt holster combo. In other words it improves if I remove the case. But I love the protection of the case. Have others had difficulty? Is there a better belt holster to use? Thanks...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

hdude00

Reaction score
Mine has no case and I have the same trouble

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I like my d3 but have noticed audio gets real choppy with greater frequency than other phones I have had. It seems to correlate to using the "armored" case and belt holster combo. In other words it improves if I remove the case. But I love the protection of the case. Have others had difficulty? Is there a better belt holster to use? Thanks...

Are you streaming audio with bluetooth?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Greyhaven7

Reaction score
Faraday Cage

[...]It seems to correlate to using the "armored" case and belt holster combo. In other words it improves if I remove the case.

I know this was posted like a year ago, but I had to comment.

Your "armored" case and holster probably contains a significant amount of metal. Encasing your phone in metal creates a Faraday cage (Faraday cage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) that blocks out the electromagnetic signals your phone uses to communicate.

From the Wikipedia Article:
The reception of external radio signals, a form of electromagnetic radiation, through an antenna within a cage can be greatly attenuated or even completely blocked by the cage itself.