poor reception :-(

sjacksonauto

Reaction score
I live in a new jersey metropolis. in theory, I should always have 4 bars of service and 3g. however without even moving out of my chair, I often go from 4 bars and 3g to no bars and 1x. I am on the most current prl, and baseband.... what the hell? I believe the commercial advertises 3g when you want it to work. I can't even get reception of anykind at Bergen community college. however everyone without Verizon gets full service. What kind of crummy network is this? BTW I am a 6 year Verizon wireless customer, and it has always been this way. I'm guessing they haven't added any local towers since then. Are there any products that actually work for boosting cell reception?
Sent from my Droid S.Jackson Edition ver. 3.8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

toddegreene

Reaction score
You should call Verizon and let them know the problem. I've seen this in the forums several times and it's frequently a problem with an existing tower. It may take some time, but if it's fixable, they'll take care of it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should call Verizon and let them know the problem. I've seen this in the forums several times and it's frequently a problem with an existing tower. It may take some time, but if it's fixable, they'll take care of it.

Indeed they do. It took them about 4 days to fix my issue. Give them a call, they will write up a ticket.

OP
S

sjacksonauto

Reaction score
thanks guys, I guess I will give them a call.

OP
S

sjacksonauto

Reaction score
just an update, i called verizon and they noticed i was on the current prl. they had me open up the programming menu and switched me to a newer tower. seems to be working well... have not lost service yet... time will tell though as i just did this 15 mins ago

OP
S

sjacksonauto

Reaction score
Today the skies are clear and there's no wind. the problem with my Droid's reception, however is worse than ever. Verizon should be ashamed of their faulty service.