Poor GPS lock on? Minor issue but just curious

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'm at a lost guys, I'm just looking for confirmation, opinions or expertise here as to if my TB is the only TB that has a hard time locking on to my GPS signal. Out doors with clear skies, it can take up to 30 seconds to get a lock. In doors, I can forget about it because it's not happening.

With my OG, DX or D2, I could walk outside and get a lock in less than 10 seconds easily. In the house I'm even able to get a lock after about 30-40 seconds. The weird part is the OG only has GPS to my knowledge, while the TB has both GPS and A-GPS. I was under the impression the assisted GPS is suppose to make tracking much easier and faster.

I have a case with a magnetic closure and I'm wondering if that is having a adverse effect on my ability to be able to lock on to the signal when I pull the phone out of the case and try to lock on to my location.

dmproske

Reaction score
Mine has same issue. Takes a long time to lock on. I've seen this issue mentioned here before.

Fedz84

Reaction score
try clearing ur map cache in google maps and if that doesnt help go into the market and download gps status, go into tools >manage a gps> reset data and then go back and hit download.

dmproske

Reaction score
Done that several times already. Made no difference in my case.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Some days it's quick to lock and other days it takes forever.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Have you guys tried flashing the file Kejar put out to help improve gps locking?

jcortes

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem. OG Droid locked in like 10 seconds even in doors and with the thunderbolt it takes like 5 mins outside to lock. Tried all GPS Status fixes still nothing.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem. OG Droid locked in like 10 seconds even in doors and with the thunderbolt it takes like 5 mins outside to lock. Tried all GPS Status fixes still nothing.

Including Kejars file?

OP
L

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Yeah I'm still at a lost, myself and trying the GPS status fixes, so I'm left to conclude that they stuck a inferior GPS chipset in the phone. My OG, DX and D2 lock on much faster leading me to believe that Moto simply puts better GPS chipsets in their phones.

Nasa

Reaction score
For the past few days we have had some of the most violent magnetic storms in a long time. I have not tried my gps for more than a week but it was working fine.

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, Go Launcher, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
"Originally Posted by MrKleen
Have you guys tried flashing the file Kejar put out to help improve gps locking?"

Not yet, but I will try it.

Last edited: