POLL: Should We Continue to Report the FBI vs. Apple iPhone News Story or Stop?

Do you want your DroidForums news team to keep covering the FBI vs Apple story or not?

• Keep reporting the news on this topic. It is relevant enough, and is worth walking that fine line.

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Please drop this topic. It isn't worth the headache.

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hot-button-topic.png

It seems like the FBI vs. Apple story is an incendiary topic. It's obvious it is relevant to mobile tech, and to larger issues facing citizens in the United States; however, it's also obvious that it walks that razor's edge where technology spills over into politics.

Our forum rules prohibit political conversations for very solid reasons, and we have no intention of changing them. It therefore becomes a challenge to report the news, and generate conversations on these hot button topics without them descending into chaos.

Some topics can walk that fine line without devolving, while others are just too inflammatory. Here at HQ we are curious if the FBI vs Apple news is the former or the later. It's entirely possible that this news will fizzle out anyway, but just in case it doesn't, here's a poll asking you folks the answer to that question.

Do you want us to continue reporting the FBI vs Apple story developments here on DroidForums, or do you want us to drop it?

Answers:
  1. Keep reporting the news on this topic. It is relevant enough, and is worth walking that fine line.
  2. Please drop this topic. It isn't worth the headache.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
1. Keep reporting on it.

It's relevant to everything tech related so I believe a civilized discussion on the matter should go on.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Keep us informed. The press does not report this topic from a user standpoint good or bad. I'm a big boy and I know how to ignore comments that I would consider over the line.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Keep reporting on it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Though we occasionally have members that veer across the line, my vote is to keep reporting. Our membership is great about letting staff know if they find something overly offensive and our staff (IMO) keeps a watchful eye on potentially volatile topics.

This case could very well shape our rights to privacy and I think it's important to know what's going on with it, even if it's iphone-related and some parts of it may evoke the need to post something harsh from some users.

faross

Reaction score
i believe in our rights but when you decide to conspire to kill pll your rights are then revoked end of story .
oh and edit sorry meant to say getting stale id just report on end game .

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep reporting on it. The news media is distorting what's going on.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Option 1, Keep it coming DG, although some things get off occasionally, generally speaking, the group and information is beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Definitely continue. It is both relevant to Android and the tech world. Thanks for keeping us informed and up to date Stormy.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What's the issue?

/SARCASM

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
1. Keep it coming guys. For the most part everyone has handled the discussions regarding this topic pretty well.

S5 tap'n

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
1. Keep reporting it. Despite the possibility of it getting too politically opinionated, we have done an excellent job at staying within our boundaries. Only a few hiccups that were easily remedied. Information is important for android, tech and our lives.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk