PMVtpServiceStart

sonnl

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is and why it uses 40% of my battery?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is and why it uses 40% of my battery?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
I think I've seen it referenced to the carrier included blockbuster app. It has a setting that updates it's movies constantly. They neglected to include a feature to turn this off when it was shipped.

To fix, you need to open up the blockbuster app and it will pop up a dialog saying it needs to update. Follow the instruction and update it. Then open the app back up again and go into its settings. You'll see an option to disable movie updates. Click that and you should be good and never have to open it up again.

km04

Reaction score
Is there a list of all the services run by Android? I see quite a few and just not sure which ones are needed and which ones are not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dajogejr

Reaction score
Even if you disable movie updates it will still run anytime the phone is restarted.
When I reboot my phone, I go in and stop the service manually.

Subsidized phone, not only by contract but by those looking to make a buck off the pre-installed apps.

Root and remove or you'll be stuck with it and other bloatware...

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Even if you disable movie updates it will still run anytime the phone is restarted.
When I reboot my phone, I go in and stop the service manually.

Subsidized phone, not only by contract but by those looking to make a buck off the pre-installed apps.

Root and remove or you'll be stuck with it and other bloatware...

+1 for rooting get rid of the junk :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

gpigate

Reaction score
PVMtServiceStart - Page 4 - Android Forums

look at this thread. open it, update it, disable the catalog update thingy and reboot the phone. it will show in services, but should greatly help your battery drain. I have just done this about 5 mins ago, so hopefully I will see an improvement.

flat out crazy.........

evereddie

Reaction score
Is there a list of all the services run by Android? I see quite a few and just not sure which ones are needed and which ones are not.
We soooo need this. It should be a sticky. Let's get thread going with all the startups and processes.

bhall238

Reaction score
We soooo need this. It should be a sticky. Let's get thread going with all the startups and processes.

Excellent idea. I had a question about the Rosie Utility earlier.