Pls help noob rooted phone quick question

kevloks

Reaction score
i have a rooted phone and just wanted to know if i do the (6.13.219.en.us) update will it brick my phone?

Big D

Reaction score
Install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and suspend root, unfreeze any frozen apps, apply the patch, re-root with Voodoo, freeze apps and you're done.

That Voodoo root keeper makes that process ridiculously easy. 1 button easy.

RitaT1219

Reaction score
also a newbie !

Hey I am a newbie as well and I recieved the update too ! I can't figure out how to remove the root, because i tried downloading the update and it wouldn't even work. could you please tell me if suggestion worked or not ? that would be great! thanks

roadworrier

Reaction score
Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper Worked for Me

Hey I am a newbie as well and I recieved the update too ! I can't figure out how to remove the root, because i tried downloading the update and it wouldn't even work. could you please tell me if suggestion worked or not ? that would be great! thanks

I downloaded OTA Rootkeeper from the Market... er... I mean from Google Play on my Droid 4.

I launched Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. It took a long time to start up. I thought something might be wrong. I used some other apps and went back to it. It then looked fine, and showed me status saying that it was compatible with my phone, that I had root, and that I could choose to save root.

I clicked to save root. Then I clicked to disable root. Then I did the Motorola 6.13.219.en.us OTA update (auto-reboots, etc.). Then I went back to Rootkeeper and re-enabled root. It worked easily and seamlessly.

RitaT1219

Reaction score
i tried that sooo many times. It would say that my phone was unrooted, but it would not let me to download the 6.13.219.en.us OTA update. Also, my LCD settings would change after I would reboot my phone after the unroot, and the LCD density settings would change on their own and half of the apps in the market were "not compatible with this device." I even tried downloading my current update offline to replace mine now to get rid of root and that didn't work.

I just want my normal phone back :(

oh and I forgot, i also used the app ginger root, and it serious was incredibly fast ! but i do not think that it allows you to store your root.

goodcat

Reaction score
I'm having trouble trying to update as well. I used voodoo rootkeeper also. I backed up my root, clicked on the temp unroot button, went into Titanium and unfroze all of my frozen apps, then tried to apply the update. It still does the same thing it did before I unrooted. It installs about 1/3rd of the way, then reboots itself and says the update failed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Should I maybe unfreeze my apps before I temp unroot?

dopeismarcus

Reaction score
my phone was rooted and i installed the update. everything works fine but it did unroot my phone.