Please help!!!

cruehd

Reaction score
I am in need of major help. I inadvently deleted the most important app to my eris while using the app Titanium backup. The phone app itself. I thought I was deleting somethi ng else, but stupid me deleted the app which actually controls the phone. My phone is not bricked. I have total use of the apps and the internet/wifi as well. Just can't make calls/receive calls and all things related to txt/vm. I hope someone can help me.
The name of the ROM/apk file i need is called:
process com android.phone.apk

I hope someone can tell me where to reinstall this

Thanks!

thunter

Reaction score
Check the trash on the SD card via Astro or other file edit program. That's where Titanium throw stuff when you delete.
You might find it there.

Hope this helps

OP
C

cruehd

Reaction score
not there :(

Last edited:

thunter

Reaction score
Sorry, wish I could be more help. I scanned my phone and I did not find that program on it. If I did, i'd send it to you to try, but no joy. I guess the idea of you having a backup rom is not possible? I wonder if you downloaded a new ROM if it would come with it installed and you'd be good to go?

If you are rooted, (Pretty sure you are...) and you can down load bugless beast or some other cool rom and install it. That might get you back on the air.

That's about all I got, maybe someone alot smarter then me can help you out here.

Good luck

OP
C

cruehd

Reaction score
thanks for your help. I appreciate your time.

shmoo

Reaction score
It sounds like you've got backups for all of your apps. I would do a factory reset, I would think would take of ya. Try that and then see what it says.

OP
C

cruehd

Reaction score
factory reset didnt help either. UGGG! I think I have to DL the actual apk files from a website but I can't seem to find one. If anyone can post a link where I can DL it, it would be great. Thanks you all for your help!

shmoo

Reaction score
Well schucks, if you still have the file for the ROM that you're running either with a file manager or your pc go into it and see if you can find it in your system apps. I'll look thru my phone and see if I can find my apk file for you.