Please help. tried to restore with low battery but plugged into AC

dandiele

Reaction score
Ok here is what happen. Last night i decided to try the latest Rubix Blurry 1.6.3 and every thing went fine there. I went with it all day and noticed for some reason it drained my battery very very quickly. also the sync logo was on all day long but nothing downloading in market or anything. Anyway.

I wanted to go back to my backup i made before i went to 1.6.3 so i used bootstrap and rebooted into recovery, selected the backup i made yesterday and hit ok. It started its thing and seemed to sit at checking md5 sum for about 15 30 seconds and then real quick said something else i did not see and shut down. It has yet to function besides going to M logo while plugged in to AC.

Now heres the kicker, since I had the battery drain issue today my phone was low on juice. it was around 10% i dont remember but i had it plugged in for a while on AC and did all of this while on AC. brand new battery.

I can get to bootloader but it says 30.04 and warns of low battery and i Can get to androids recovery but custom recovery is a goner. so I am wondering does the battery charge while in recovery so i can get full to try SBF? Another question is can i use androids recovery to apply clockwork backup if i rename it to update.zip with pc (if im lucky) now one thing im worried about i saw a tutorial on using the sbf method and it says if i have the 30.04 bootloader rather then 30.03 i have to wait for a leak from TBH.

I greatly appreciate all the information you can provide. If worse comes to worse i can find someone with a charged X battery but if i have wrong version of bootloader, then uh....thats gonna stink.
BTW if i plug it in with USB to pc the green led lights but the pc makes no jingle telling me usb is plugged in. so im guessing its not charging on pc?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, batteries don't charge when in recovery. You could use someone else's battery to power it up enough to flash the sbf if needed. Good rule of thumb is to NEVER flash anything with less than 70% battery. Good luck!

Ok here is what happen. Last night i decided to try the latest Rubix Blurry 1.6.3 and every thing went fine there. I went with it all day and noticed for some reason it drained my battery very very quickly. also the sync logo was on all day long but nothing downloading in market or anything. Anyway.

I wanted to go back to my backup i made before i went to 1.6.3 so i used bootstrap and rebooted into recovery, selected the backup i made yesterday and hit ok. It started its thing and seemed to sit at checking md5 sum for about 15 30 seconds and then real quick said something else i did not see and shut down. It has yet to function besides going to M logo while plugged in to AC.

Now heres the kicker, since I had the battery drain issue today my phone was low on juice. it was around 10% i dont remember but i had it plugged in for a while on AC and did all of this while on AC. brand new battery.

I can get to bootloader but it says 30.04 and warns of low battery and i Can get to androids recovery but custom recovery is a goner. so I am wondering does the battery charge while in recovery so i can get full to try SBF? Another question is can i use androids recovery to apply clockwork backup if i rename it to update.zip with pc (if im lucky) now one thing im worried about i saw a tutorial on using the sbf method and it says if i have the 30.04 bootloader rather then 30.03 i have to wait for a leak from TBH.

I greatly appreciate all the information you can provide. If worse comes to worse i can find someone with a charged X battery but if i have wrong version of bootloader, then uh....thats gonna stink.
BTW if i plug it in with USB to pc the green led lights but the pc makes no jingle telling me usb is plugged in. so im guessing its not charging on pc?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
D

dandiele

Reaction score
will it charge at M logo? or just while screen off black like after i pull battery? thanks for quick reply

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think it will charge while bootlooping. Also if you rename the nandroid as update.zip I think it will fail the sig verification. You're probably going to need a way to charge the batt and a way to get in to custom recovery or wait for the sbf which I think is almost here from tbh

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And you're in luck. It looks like the sbf just got released. You should grab it before it gets pulled.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It will charge while bootlooping...slowly though. But since the sbf is out that might be a good option for ya.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
D

dandiele

Reaction score
ok i found it i think. 2.3.32 full SBF? does that sound right. it mentions once i goto .320 i wont be able to go back to 2.3.15 is this ever an issue as long as i have a copy of this SBF?

OP
D

dandiele

Reaction score
It will charge while bootlooping...slowly though. But since the sbf is out that might be a good option for ya.

Sent from somewhere...

hmmm you said BUT since the SBF is out how ever i must still have a charged battery right? i dug out the old volt meter and it is at 3.40 right now on a 3.7v battery which i think would peak at like 4.20 so i have a ways to go . Thanks again everyone for the help

ryanmayiras

Reaction score
My process went like this:

Rooted the phone
Saved a restore point
Loaded FlyX custom ROM
saved a restore point
Loaded the "black glass" theme

i decided i didnt like black glass and decided to restore the phone to the last saved restore point before black glass. the phone died mid way through and now when plugged into my pc the computer wont see the phone and the phone randomly displays:
Bootloader
Low battery
Cannot Program

However when plugged into the wall the phone is stuck on the motorola logo and no buttons load anything.
PLEASE HELPPP!!! email me at [email protected]
the only thing I can think to do now is take it to verizon but, i doubt they'll do it because the phone is flashed