PLEASE HELP! Notifications Driving Me Insane!

DinaNoci

Reaction score
I recently did the system update on my phone. I like most of the new features except for one...every time I SEND a text message, a notification pops up just to tell me "message was sent successfully". It is the same sound as when I recieve a text and it is very annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a way on this phone to change the sound setting for each notification individually? PLEASE HELP!

mamawm

Reaction score
are you using the stock messaging app? if so, open the app, hit menu, go to settings and uncheck the sent notification, you should then only get notified of sent messages that failed to send and of course received messages.

scajjr

Reaction score
are you using the stock messaging app? if so, open the app, hit menu, go to settings and uncheck the sent notification, you should then only get notified of sent messages that failed to send and of course received messages.

My sent notification IS unchecked but my Eris still plays the sound and vibrates when I send a text, has ever since I updated to 2.1.

Sam

mamawm

Reaction score
i don't have any more suggestions except factory data reset. it's a pain, but it really does clean up a lot of those irritating little things that didn't work quite right after the 2.1 update.