please help!!! not booting past splash

scottyh73

Reaction score
I was installing a new Rom on my friends bionic (shift3r_blurry_tc3bread_v2.3.4.zip). Now my fault if this is not the actual Rom, however now it won't get past the boot splash screen. I can get into recovery but I cannot install any zips from there to revert back to the old Rom. What do I do? Please help!

Sadahiro

Reaction score
You might have to do the One Click Fastboot Restore

wats6831

Reaction score
you need to install the base ROM first. I think you just installed a THEORY Pak. After you complete one click recovery: Go to the first post of the version 2.5 or 2.3 (if you want blurry) and install the BASE rom first. there is a download link in the first post of each. After you install the new base, boot the phone, install bionic bootstrap and clockwork mod ROM manager. Boot into recovery and install the THEORY pak that you want (blurry ICS, icebread etc etc).

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This and here are some instructions I did:

The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

1. Extract the zip folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the R3L3As3Droot folder you just created
3. [FONT=&quot]ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Plug phone into computer[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT]Double click the file [FONT=&quot]R3L3AS3DRoot.bat[/FONT] for windows, [FONT=&quot]MotoRooter.sh[/FONT] for Linux, or [FONT=&quot]Mac-MotoRooter[/FONT] for Mac OS X in the folder.
6. Just follow the instructions on the screen
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
10. Resume following instructions on the computer screen.

Good luck.