please help me with unlocking this rezound

wildride89

Reaction score
okay, so Ive decided to just go ahead and attempt to unlock this phone so I can do all the nice things that I see in the rom section. One step is of course the unlocking. So I logged onto the htcdev.com site and started going through all the steps. I downloaded the files that the site said that I needed with the sdk installer. I got to the step where it said to put up the cmd and get a c:\ prompt. I did that and then I was instructed to type "fastboot oem_get_identifier_token" and then got the message 'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." so i downloaded the r13 zip to get the fastboot and i copied and pasted it to the tools sections in sdk. Then, I tried to run fastboot.exe and a message came up that the program can't start because adbwinapi.dll is missing from the computer, but i thought i seen it in the files that i downloaded from the installer. This is where I ended up abandoning the procedure last time. I would like to hopefully finish this time, but Im not the most computer tech savy guy so I'm a little slow. Any help is appreciated.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, ok you're off to a bad start. First start with my guide. It has all the links for everything you'll need. The long and the short of it is that you don't need the full SDK just these files: http://mypcdominion.com/Files/android/ROM_Tools/CarePackage.zip . That contains ADB, fastboot, and the windows DLL's you'll need. Either copy them into your path or just work out of the one directory. Either way that should get you started.

PS Sorry I didn't see your thread earlier, I guess it got buried by other posts.

OP
wildride89

wildride89

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Smith I'm about to make another attempt. See you on the other side. No need to be sorry I know you have a bunch to do. Any help was greatly appreciated.

OP
wildride89

wildride89

Reaction score
Thanks mr. smith!!! I had some bad files and with your care package it took 5 minutes literally. Okay now Im onto the rooting process. I went to the link that you had for the amon ra and I have copied it to the android file that i had set aside for the other files. I tried to switch directories, but when I make the attempt to flash the 3.15 version that i downloaded the computer says unable to load the file. Did I need to download the sdk files again in order to flash that file?

OP
wildride89

wildride89

Reaction score
okay scratch that mr. smith. I did quite a bit of copying and pasting from the other directories and I feel lots more comfortable playing with the computer. I'm pretty sure i got the rooting part down. Now im going to try to reinstall some root only apps and see if everything is okay.