**Please HELP** - com.sec.android.app.flashbarService has stopped

Batman8

Reaction score
I'm using a rooted 4.42 Verizon Note 3 and have 2 issues that are driving me crazy so I had to reach out to you guys to find "real help." The first issue is that for the last few months or so I can only use Multi-view for a short time after restarting my phone. After an hour or two I constantly get the error "com.sec.android.app.flashbarService has stopped" whenever I hold the back button down in order to activate multi-view. I have cleared cache and data for the app in the app manager over and over as well as cleared the dalvic cache for the whole device. I have also tried to deactivate all extra apps that appeared in multi-view due to using Xposed Installer/Wanam Xposed, but nothing brings this feature back but a restart of the phone (and as mentioned, it only lasts for a short time even then). This seems like a memory related issue but I'm just guessing.

The other issue is really unrelated (I think) since it's just that I can't seem to retrieve any of my web bookmarks anymore! I restored them repeatedly with Titanium backup, and apps that I have used for years to access them from my home screen like "Bookmarks Light" now just force closes immediately. Even clearing cache/data AND uninstalling and reinstalling it doesn't help! Strangely enough, the only apps that have all of my 100+ bookmarks in them are FireFox & Chrome, but I can't seem to be able to export them to the standard internet browser or Skyfire for example and neither one will import them!

Those are the main 2 issues that I've been having recently with the addition of a few smaller issues too (overheating, short battery life with a fairly new battery, and the system lagging from time to time). I'm thinking that all of this is unrelated but I just mentioned everything here just in case this is actually all tied together to one main problem somehow. I've been trying cooling apps and battery extenders but have to keep running them each day to try and fix these issues.

In short, I'm hoping to get my Note 3 "freshened up a bit" since I am completely disappointed in the specs on the Note 4 and new Note 5 (N4 is too similar to N3, and N5 has no SDCard slot or removable battery) so I feel that I may therefore have to stick with this device for a while longer...at least until I find something I like better. I don't want to have to wait for the Note 6 in 2016 to get some S-Pen action again, so I'd really like to salvage my Note 3 if any of you could help me out with these issues! It will be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Is it a modded multi window? Or maybe Dpi set other than stock?.. Also if you are using Xposed try full Uninstaller of it to narrow down issues

NexusSix

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like the issue is either the ROM or kernel.
Here is how I approach ROMs, whatever ROM I am going to run I'll read the comments about them in the thread I downloaded it from (particularly the last few pages). If others are having the same issues than it is more likely an issue with the ROM and either flash something else or see it the dev fixed the issues in an update.
Other thing is to make sure you performed a proper wipe on install.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Is it a modded multi window? Or maybe Dpi set other than stock?.. Also if you are using Xposed try full Uninstaller of it to narrow down issues

NexusSix
Thanks so much Bkdodger for your insight. I am using a modded multi window which I'm trying to get back to stock in order to hopefully reset everything so I can add my extra apps back in there later. I haven't changed the DPI, but I will try uninstalling Xposed which should narrow things down as you mentioned...that is actually a great idea! I didn't even know that there was an "Uninstaller" for it.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Sounds like the issue is either the ROM or kernel.
Here is how I approach ROMs, whatever ROM I am going to run I'll read the comments about them in the thread I downloaded it from (particularly the last few pages). If others are having the same issues than it is more likely an issue with the ROM and either flash something else or see it the dev fixed the issues in an update.
Other thing is to make sure you performed a proper wipe on install.
Thanks for the response PC747. I think I may try to uninstall Xposed first since that's a much simpler solution to try out, but if that doesn't work I may just do a FDR and wipe everything and start over.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks so much Bkdodger for your insight. I am using a modded multi window which I'm trying to get back to stock in order to hopefully reset everything so I can add my extra apps back in there later. I haven't changed the DPI, but I will try uninstalling Xposed which should narrow things down as you mentioned...that is actually a great idea! I didn't even know that there was an "Uninstaller" for it.
Let us know.. It's possible the modded multi is causing it...but I always like to eliminate Xposed issue.. At least confirm its not the cause..

NexusSix

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Let us know.. It's possible the modded multi is causing it...but I always like to eliminate Xposed issue.. At least confirm its not the cause..

NexusSix
Last night I unistalled Xposed via the install/uninstall option and rebooted but STILL have the same problems, and some of the apps in my Multi Window still seem to be from the old modded version. Now I may just perform a FDR over the weekend and reinstall everything. I just hate to do that since I have a ton of apps and HD games and it takes forever to get everything back to the way I like it using Titanium Backup. I have not been able to make a good/workable nandroid backup in years! Also, does anyone have any ideas on addressing the Stagefright patch once rooting a VZN Note 3? Of course I don't get OTA updates anymore. I probably need to somehow patch my old Note 2, Note 10.1 (2014 ed.), and S3 as well.