PLEASE FIX in the next OTA

JayMonster

Reaction score
You are absolutely right... *IF* it is millions of people wanting it, then most likely at some point they will have to consider and/or add in the functionality. But lets keep it where is belongs... this is not a "Droid" issue... it is Android issue... and in most advanced Smart Phones the case.

You are quite right that it is not a Motorola issue (though it could be a Verizon issue, much the same way that MMS was held out of the iPhone until at&t was "ready" for it to be released to the users), and if Google hears enough complaints about it, then I am sure it will be addressed.

Honestly, I don't care... it is not like I don't want it there... I am trying to explain why they may have made that choice. I encourage anybody that wants this added go over to the Android Group and start (or add) to a thread on this to address the issue. Just because it gets added doesn't mean I will have to use it for anything, so like I said, it doesn't hurt me, and I don't have a dog in this hunt.

OP
Dejavoo

Dejavoo

Reaction score
I received a response today from Motorola and I encourange everyone who is as dissapointed as I am to email Motorola. It quite simple set up an account and send them a email. Here is their reply.

Dear Cory,
Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.
We are sorry to learn about this inconvenience. We are working hard to push upgrades to our interface but we don't have a specific timeframe or confirmation about availability of this feature in the future. We will forward your comments to our engineering department in order for them to take it into consideration for possible updates to the Motorola Droid. Thank you very much for your feedback.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

OP
Dejavoo

Dejavoo

Reaction score
So for those of us who do want video messages, who should we be sending complaints to. Google / Android / or Verizon???

djstar2k2

Reaction score
fellas all i can say is that the G1 never achieved this act so who knows why google dont or wont mss with the gifs