please explain

ashclepdia

Reaction score
If someone can explain this I would appreciate it alot.

When looking at running services on my DROID x2 under menu settings applications, what does it mean on the bottom of the screen when it says

Other192mb on a red bar then small yellow bar followed by a green bar that says avail62mb+55mb in 16.

I am trying to figure out what it ia telling me. I assume it is something to do with RAM but don't understand what it means.

Thanks for the help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If someone can explain this I would appreciate it alot.

When looking at running services on my DROID x2 under menu settings applications, what does it mean on the bottom of the screen when it says

Other192mb on a red bar then small yellow bar followed by a green bar that says avail62mb+55mb in 16.

I am trying to figure out what it ia telling me. I assume it is something to do with RAM but don't understand what it means.

Thanks for the help.

You're using 192mb of memory
The rest I think means 62mb is free + 55mb can be freed if needed.

end of line...

OP
A

ashclepdia

Reaction score
So how is it im using 192 and only have 62 left? Is there anything I can do to free up more ram. I've tried forcing running apps, ending some from running services, and using task manager.

Also when in running services if I end something in there the 192time goes up. So I don't think 192is what's in use because it goes to 194my if I end a service using 2mb. Im just confused by how it works.