Please Dont kill me for asking but can Motoblur work on droid 1 ?

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I now how much some hate this app but i would atleast like to try it before i hate so if there is a way great but if not well oh well

thanks

atlharry

Reaction score
I don't think so... they could probably port it pretty easily from droid 2, but I don't think there's a whole lot of demand for it. lol

RemyL75

Reaction score
The problem with that is, it's not just an app, but more like a skin that Motorola added to Android to "enhance user experience" (the same as what Sens UI is for HTC phones). I have seen in on my wife's phone. It adds boxes to her screens for things like rss feeds. It also comes with other features like remote wipe, wireless sync, etc. The remote wipe app, you can get that from the motorola site (I had installed it on my Droid 1 just to see if i could and it worked). You also have to register an email address and create a password for it when you register your phone (or when you wipe it) after setting up your google account. Overall, it's not all that special IMO, but some people like it.
Maybe one of the Devs will pull it (or even the entire ROM) from Droid 2 and port it over to Droid 1 and we would be able to see the new version in action.

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Where and how did you install it from if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RemyL75

Reaction score
Here is a link to the Moto Phone Portal app. I was mistaken about the remote wipe function, as this will only give you remote access to your phone via wi-fi (there is a later version that also gives you access via USB as well, but they say that speed is slower when using wi-fi in this version). This will not give you all of the MotoBlur features, just one or two under-the-hood features.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/16622-moto-phone-portal-droid-pc-media-sync-more-via-wifi.html

RemyL75

Reaction score
As I said in my first post, you can't install MotoBlur because it's NOT an app. It's integrated into Android, so it's not something you can just go and get from the market or download as an app and install. You would either need a phone that has MotoBlur or one of the Devs would have to pull the ROM from a MotoBlur phone and port it so that the ROM can be installed on your phone. Those are the only ways (right now) that you will be able to try out MotoBlur.