Pixelbook, Somebody get ........

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Somebody get them Alphabet boys, they are walking around trying to be like Apple. $1000 for a chromebook, really?

Now when I saw the Pixelbook and the reports about the price during the Pixel press conference I was scratching my head. Now that I am seeing it being reviewed I can truly say my Chromebook Plus is a much better value as it has a slot for the s pen and the s pen works.

So maybe Alphabet may want to stop slapping crazy sticker prices on items and thinking someone is going to buy it because it's Google. At best I would give Google $400 for that pixelbook and not a cent more.

Thoughts?

Reactions: cr6

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I tend to agree, 1k for a chromebook??? it is way too much for what you get. and how many everyday users would know alphabet is google?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tend to agree, 1k for a chromebook??? it is way too much for what you get. and how many everyday users would know alphabet is google?
I threw alphabet out there because that is where Google started focusing less on projects and more on profits.

I respect Google trying to make money but that is just ridiculous that someone would think a Chromebook could sell for $1000. I understand they were able to get people to buy the pixel back in the day for that but they knew they would only sell a small number.

Only way this would maybe peak my interest is if it was able to run windows programs out of the box without me having to put it in developer mode.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk