Pixel XL or LG V20 ??

davidwilp

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between these 2 phones. The main reason I am considering the V20 is, coming from Samsung Galaxy S4 I like having expandable storage and especially like having the ability to change batteries. I have 5 extra now and just popping in a new battery and your done is great. I know with the Pixel XL I can just carry a battery pack.I don't care about any price differences. Also, I don't really use my phone now to watch movies or listen to much music.

So, what is everyone's opinion? Thanks.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I was in this situation last week lol,but i went with the v20 and im glad i did. I really like the camera on this phone and the audio quality. You also get a $150 pair of earbuds through lg promotion starting on the 26th. The screen looks nice to me even after coming from the Note 7.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
And if Verizon it is only $672 plus tax

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

bigmatt503

Reaction score
My lg g3 was a great phone, the lg g4 not so great (touch screen issues) and the lg ui was disappointing as well. My opinion is just my opinion... Get the pixel XL

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I like what LG is trying to do, but I've had too much trouble with their devices over the years. If the V20 had been released within a week or two of it being announced instead of over a month later, I would have given very serious consideration during the first and second Note 7 recalls. But LG dragged their feet and missed out on what could have been a gold opportunity for them with millions of Not 7 owners. You snooze, you lose.

I'm going to get some serious hands on time with the V20 later this week. I'm curious how it stacks up against previous LG devices I've had and the Pixel XL.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The LG G2 was an awesome phone. One of the best devices I have ever owned. Bought a G3 and was disappointed. Played with a G4 and was not impressed. They just seemed to go down hill. Though I will say a coworker showed me some pics he took on the Black Sabbath farewell tour with his V10 and they were amazing. They seem to do the camera right with the V series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I agree, until my screen started losing input at an accelerated rate, it was a GREAT phone (G2).

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
They seem to have it right with the V series ...hopefully they take notice on the G series ...

iPhone Seven Plus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Played with a V20 at ATT, eh.

I'll have to wait for my review unit before I rate it.

Speaking of ATT, I saw a phone in there that looked so familiar.

2bb7abe13c63e8e3964e81cbc811ce58.jpg
e88851bd21df7a610c78873b1106244f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Never understood these type of reviews/comparisons. It opens up an application a microsecond faster. In what real life function is that practical? If I am falling off a cliff, i can snapchat my impending death just a bit quicker! What I am concerned about is battery life, screen visibility, etc. Not the ability to open up twitter. 008 seconds faster.