Pixel Exclusive Android Nougat 7.1 Features

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Pixel will be arriving to doorsteps soon. It is the first device "built" by Google. Both the Pixel and Pixel XL will ship with Android 7.1 Nougat, but will include some exclusive features. Google Assistant is a personalized version of the familiar Google Now panel. One unique function of the Google Assistant is the ability to understand follow up questions (ie How Many Titles has Michael Jordan won?, followed up by "How many kids does he have".) These devices will also include unlimited storage for full res photos and videos. Other exclusive features include smart burst which takes many photos at once and chooses the sharpest video to keep, HDR+, and a new software image stabilization that uses the gyroscope instead of traditional OIS and other software stabilization. There are plenty of reasons to buy a Pixel device. Are you getting excited about this device yet?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
To be honest this wasn't even an option for me, but since the full recall for the Note 7 was announced, I've been looking into this one. I used the S7 as a loaner for a bit and it never grew on me, it felt like a downgraded Note 7, so I'll likely grab a Pixel XL (if the model I want is available soon).