Pixel 2 Experiencing Random Reboot Issues

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jbareham_171014_2050_0300-0-jpg.78097

The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL have experienced one of the sloppiest Google phone launch ever. It all started with display issues with the Pixel 2XL. Those issues were followed by the PIxel 2 speakers making popping noises. The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL is now experiencing random reboots for some users. This apparently happens when the phones have a difficult time handling low-signal LTE. Not even a factory reset will fix this issue and you may need to contact Google for a return if you are experiencing this issue.

via TomsGuide

Attachments

• jbareham_171014_2050_0300.0.jpg
    jbareham_171014_2050_0300.0.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,020

Briankbl

Reaction score
It seems it's signal boosters that are causing the problem, but you didn't mention that in your post. Here, straight from the source you linked to...

"So, if your Pixel 2 has been randomly shutting down, it looks like you're not alone. Nader Babbili in the Google Pixel User Community managed to isolate the physical locations where their phone was crashing, and discovered a potential reason for the glitch. It appears that the Pixel 2 may not be able to play nicely with signal boosting technology, as unplugging a Wilson Cell Amplifier (a gadget that increases the amount of cellular signal) seemed to fix the issue."

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems it's signal boosters that are causing the problem, but you didn't mention that in your post. Here, straight from the source you linked to...

"So, if your Pixel 2 has been randomly shutting down, it looks like you're not alone. Nader Babbili in the Google Pixel User Community managed to isolate the physical locations where their phone was crashing, and discovered a potential reason for the glitch. It appears that the Pixel 2 may not be able to play nicely with signal boosting technology, as unplugging a Wilson Cell Amplifier (a gadget that increases the amount of cellular signal) seemed to fix the issue."

Thank you for pointing that out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
Maybe the original post could be amended to not be so "doom and gloom". I swear this forum's coverage of the Pixel 2 XL has been painted in such a way as to sound like the phone is a complete disaster. The truth is, the display issues are non-existent now with software updates. And now this issue is the only outstanding issue left to be corrected. You wouldn't know that by how your articles are worded.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Maybe the original post could be amended to not be so "doom and gloom". I swear this forum's coverage of the Pixel 2 XL has been painted in such a way as to sound like the phone is a complete disaster. The truth is, the display issues are non-existent now with software updates. And now this issue is the only outstanding issue left to be corrected. You wouldn't know that by how your articles are worded.

if the phone did not have so many different issues, then maybe there would not be much doom and gloom. there are members here that loves their phone and have posted about it so it is not all bad.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm still feeling left out. All of these "problems" with P2's and I have yet to experience a single one?!? It's just not fair I tell ya! Why am I being denied all this extra drama in my life :rolleyes:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm still feeling left out. All of these "problems" with P2's and I have yet to experience a single one?!? It's just not fair I tell ya! Why am I being denied all this extra drama in my life :rolleyes:
Thankfully I've had a good one as well. Only "issue" is the blue tint thing that is on everyone's 2XL. It's just not noticeable majority of the time.

I've been satisfied with my phone, with that said I still stand by posting any issues reported as stuff like this had helped me in the past when I encountered an issue.

Now I do feel like many writers are starting to be quick to want to label the phone as if it's an issue plagued phone despite majority of the issues being isolated software issues that Google has done a good job fixing them swiftly compared to something like a Samsung where for them to get out a fix would take months because of all the red tape they would have to go through with the carriers.

Though I disagree with Google's choice in panels I applaud them for getting fixes out quickly. Outside of Apple, no other phone manufacturer is getting out swift updates that includes maintenance fixes, patches, and software updates. We will be on the official 8.1 while other Android phones are still rocking 7.1.1.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

It's not that bad. Remember note 7 posts? Now that was fun!