Pictures in Gallery multiplied

heeroic

Reaction score
This may be a new one since I can't find any other threads on it. I opened my gallery and to my surprise I had over 540 pictures when really I had about 120 originals. I had to do alot of searching to find that under the DCIM folder under the thumbnails it was indexing all the thumbnails in my gallery. And somehow it had multiple copies of.the same photo like 5 or more of 1 photo. I have no idea what started it or if it was a third party app that did it but.I just deleted the thumbnail folder and a couple other redundant files stored elsewhere and it seems alright now. Just hope it doesn't happen again.

.nomedia file was still there in the thumbnail folder so i have no idea why it would be indexing the thumbnails. And I have no idea why it would have more than one copy of a single photo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dougw133

Reaction score
Ever get a solution??? Mine has always loaded every pic including folders renamed to .nomedia, and it has multiples of same images and their respective thumbnails..

OP
H

heeroic

Reaction score
No I never did get any answers on the this. And my gallery is still bloated with all kinds of pictures that are used by other apps. I never had this type of problem with my OG droid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dougw133

Reaction score
Yep my OG Droid NEVER had issues with gallery. For awhile the gallery was only loading thumbs for pics and stuck at loading forever. Now I just got the OTA update and I have triple the files and it still reads from no media.