pictures don't show up on incoming text messages

littlefilly

Reaction score
new droid owner...having issues with text messages -my first phone using texts...cannot get pictures in my text messages (in coming) what is wrong? I checked the data and the saver issues... the text says 'ssss.jpg file removed) at the bottom of my incoming text message... why? can't you receive jpg files in texts? I know I have sent other people jpg files from my computer to their phones.... :blink:

SEColwell

Reaction score
check here open text app> messaging settings> Auto-retrieve check that

hope that works
if you are using the stock app for text you may want to try gosmspro its in the market great app ;)

OP
L

littlefilly

Reaction score
thanks for the quick response -however the auto retrieve was checked.... so that wasn't the problem.... any one have any other suggestions? thanks!

wyld

Reaction score
I've had same problem go back to conversation threads then re open message pics usually appear after I re open thread. Atleast it does for me anyway

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Oddly I've had problems with my wifi preventing me from downloading texted pics, on the DX and this phone, try switching wifi off if its on

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
L

littlefilly

Reaction score
Thanks for the thought, however that is not the problem... I have tried it both ways....doesn't matter if Wi-Fi is on or off.... :hail:

OP
L

littlefilly

Reaction score
Could the picture be too big? or the wrong format? it is a jpg file and it is 150 x 245 and 9.28 KB.... ???

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Could the picture be too big? or the wrong format? it is a jpg file and it is 150 x 245 and 9.28 KB.... ???

Not likely, unless its coming via an email, are you using a texting app? Or the SMS preloaded into the phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
L

littlefilly

Reaction score
I have always been able to send text messages from my computer... as long as I use the [email protected] (verizon phone accts)...I can send email from computer to cell phones as text... do it all the time with my daughter... forward her pictures from my PC to her cell phone.....

OP
L

littlefilly

Reaction score
ok... seems that it will at least show pics in my email that I receive on the phone...and that happened ONLY after I powered down the cell phone (reboot)...still don't know why they are not showing up in the text messages...