Picture Issue, need to reset everytime

Blk04Snake

Reaction score
Not sure why this is going on.. Maybe someone can explain..

Whenever I try to send a picture by mms message (text) it just sits there with the little wheel spinning around.. It doesn't ever "fail" to send and ask to retry.

If I power phone off and back on, it sends it right after the phone powers up.

Why won't it send the pictures when I press send?

tobytl

Reaction score
Hmm, neither of the ones in the house do that... Could be a couple of things.

Are you running an automated task killer? If so, try uninstalling it.

Try going into airplane mode, and then coming back out of it. This would reset the CDMA radio (on the off chance it's related to the signal fluctuation problem).

If you're not tied to the built in SMS/MMS apps (I can't stand them personally...), you can try a third party app like handcent. If nothing else, if handcent works, and the built in app doesn't, it narrows the problem to the built in app.

EDIT: Also, how many signal bars are you at when you try to send? My sister just told me it can take inordinately long at 2 or less. Yes, I realize it should take longer at lower signal, but she's saying >10 minutes for small picture files at 2 bars, while less than 30 seconds at 3....

EDIT2: Hmm, I can't repeat it on my sister's phone. I believe her, it just doesn't do it here. Could be an area thing, I'll have her run a speedtest when she goes back. It's entirely possible, and probable, that the signal strength doesn't really dictate the data speeds (other than the basic, lower signal=lower speeds).

Last edited:
OP
B

Blk04Snake

Reaction score
I've tried it with both handcent and the built in text app.. Same thing.. When I'm home anyway. I'm wondering if there's a problem with the local tower because I called tech support twice on it, they had me reset the phone, and they even did a re-activation on it. Still same so he said phone may be bad. He checked the closest corporate store and they had some in stock so he said to take it in and if they couldn't fix it then they'd replace it.

I took the phone in, and we sent several pictures at the store with it and they all went thru fine, so needless to say I didn't get a new phone. Too bad because I dropped it the other day and put a scrape in the corner of it haha. I did get a case though so I'm not beating it up anymore.

shawncable

Reaction score
Wi fi

Could it be some type of conflict with the G3 and WiFi signals? I'm having the same problem. MMS messages are very flaky, but some seem to go through when I disconnect from my home WiFi network. I also have more trouble sending a photo to multiple numbers than I do to just one number.

shawncable

Reaction score
Also...

I should add that I'm using a Droid 2... 2.2, of course, was there from the get-go. I have the same issues with both the native txt messaging app and Handsent.

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Bump. Having the same issues as mentioned by the OP as well. Gonna fiddle around with it a bit 1st though.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, WiFi will interrupt MMS messaging. I've noticed it on my D1 and my gf's D2.

Could it be some type of conflict with the G3 and WiFi signals? I'm having the same problem. MMS messages are very flaky, but some seem to go through when I disconnect from my home WiFi network. I also have more trouble sending a photo to multiple numbers than I do to just one number.

DroidForums junkie!

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I fixed it. It was because of airplane mode. I had a toggle widget that was screwing with it, so I uninstalled that, then turned airplane mode on via Droid settings and waited for about 1 minute. After, I turned it off and restarted the phone and walaa.