Picture blurs when focus

careVUN

Reaction score
When my phone focuses in a picture its clear then it focuses and becomes blurry when it takes... help!?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
The instructions for most Droid phones say this about the camera:

To take the photo, lightly press the Camera button halfway to focus (focus is complete when green box appears) then press the camera button all the way to take the photo.

OR

For System SW version users 2.3.15 (Froyo) and later, the camera application has changed slightly. There will be a shutter icon on the screen that can be used to take a photo with a simple tap - hold - release. Press and hold onto the shutter icon to focus and left go of the icon to take the photo

https://motorola-global...

OP
C

careVUN

Reaction score
I do that. To focus. Before I focus its clear. Once I focus it becomes blurry

OP
C

careVUN

Reaction score
No. I have that tured off. I thought maybe that was causing it... it wasnt

OP
C

careVUN

Reaction score
Completely stock, nothing coverig. Clean lens great lighting. It doesn't blur until the photo is taken

Snow02

Reaction score
I actually find it works better skipping the half button press and just pressing it all the way. The timing of the picture is better that way for whatever reason. It seems counterintuitive, but try it.

Reaction score
what about camera settings? Is it set for Macro Focus or something else weird going on there?

OP
C

careVUN

Reaction score
I have tried that too. Still blurry. Sigh. I don't see an option foe the flash settings at all. :-(?

OP
C

careVUN

Reaction score
Also it's the worst when zooming... you can't even see what im photographing.

Snow02

Reaction score
Digital zoom is notoriously poor on cell phones. It won't be any better until the SGS 2 gets here. That phone has some sick zoom features.

OP
C

careVUN

Reaction score
Yeah. Im not expecting hd quality but on my droid its still a very very clear picture when zooming. Even long distances its great. The x not at all

turdbogls

Reaction score
what about camera settings? Is it set for Macro Focus or something else weird going on there?

did you check this? hit the top right box when in the camera, and make sure it is on auto. having this on Macro will produce the blurry images for anything more than a foot away.