Pics from camera to SD card

BrianV

Reaction score
How do you save pics or vids from the camera or vid camera to the SD card. I see the pics stay in the camera folder but not on my SD card.

shamus

Reaction score
I was just about to post a similar question.
If anyone can answer his question you could probably answer mine as well.
Is there a way to create folders inside the gallery?

Sp3aK

Reaction score
If I hook the phon up to the computer and mount the phone (turn on USB storage) I can go into the card and see a folder called DCIM. Within that folder there are 3 other folders named:

.thumbnails
100ANDRO
Camera

I go into Camera and there are all my pictures.... ?

I created a separate folder in the root/main SD area called Wallpapers. When I go to the Gallery on the PHONE I see:

Camera Pictures (with a camera icon)
Camera Media (with a slideshow-type icon)
All Pictures (with a camera icon)
Wallpapers (with a folder icon)

Hope this helps, not really sure what the problem is?

Oh and I don't think you can create a folder via the default Gallery program. They have to be created on the computer when the device is mounted. Maybe someone with a third-party image/gallery application can chime in.

shamus

Reaction score
Are you saying they automagically save to the SD?
Any idea if you can create subfolders? I hate opening my gallery and seeing ALL my pics. I'd much rather see folders that I can choose from.

sariah8

Reaction score
Hmm, ditto.

My old Palm Centro used to have 5 folders, and now it's a pain to sort through everything.

On a semi-related note: is there a way to view the SD card at all?? I haven't been able to find anything telling me any info on my SD card. I d/led the mini info widget and it tells me the amount of space total and the amount of space left on the card, but other than that, is there a way to see a list of what's on the card?

Basically I'm asking if I can do it just on the phone or do I need a 3rd party app?