Photos won't upload to Google+ photos

Lulu11

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just got my Note 4 & one of the features I was really excited about was the camera (after years of phones with cruddy cameras). But I took a few photos yesterday & went to upload them directly from the camera viewer, and when I try to upload to "Photos" (Google+ Photos) nothing happens. I get the popup that says upload photos to [email protected] and I hit upload, but then nothing. Nothing happens in the notification bar to indicate that any activity is taking place & no photos show up in my Google+ Photos account.

Just to test it out, I turned on auto backup, and that worked, the photos showed up in my Google+ Photos account. So the phone is able to connect to my account, there's no problem there. But when I try to manually upload an individual photo (which is how I prefer to do it - I really don't want to use auto backup), I get nothing.

(Also, just for some additional info, I am able to email and text photos directly from the camera viewer. And I am able to manually upload to Google+ Photos using a third party app. But no direct uploading to Photos straight from the camera). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
If you go in to Settings > Accounts > Google.
Select the account you wish to use for Google+. Make sure Google+ and Google+ Photos both have check marks in the boxes.

OP
L

Lulu11

Reaction score
If you go in to Settings > Accounts > Google.
Select the account you wish to use for Google+. Make sure Google+ and Google+ Photos both have check marks in the boxes.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they are both checked. My "Photos" account is definitely connected to the phone, because auto backup works. I am only having the problem when I try to manually (i.e. individually) upload photos. But I don't want to have to keep auto backup on, because I take way more photos than I actually want to upload.