Phonebook won't sync to car stereo

liguy257

Reaction score
I put in a new stereo that has bluetooth capabilities... the unit syncs to my phone and I"m able to make calls, stream music, etc, but I can't get it to download my phonebook. The instructions make it sound like i have to "send" the phone book ("obb"?) to the stereo, but I can't figure out how to do that. I believe the Droid supports the phonebook profile (PBAP), so I'm not seeing why this isn't working.

Any suggestions?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem the first time I synced my Garmin. Turns out I had to sync it again, because I missed the quick prompt on the Droid where it asked me to authorize the sharing of the phonebook. Make sure you dont miss that prompt. Also make sure your stereo is asking for the phonebook, or you wont get any prompt at all.

Good luck.

Plugg62208

Reaction score
I came up with this option by chance. I have a JVC KD-AVX77 KAMELEON. My Droid automatically paired and connected with my system, but when I went in to add phonebook the system drops the Droid and does a search. So with the system searching for data I go to my contacts and select one at a time and right click on it and share using Bluetooth File Transfer. Also before I select add phonebook, I enter a passcode. Once I select Bluetooth File Transfer on the share option it will ask for the passcode and the system accepts the contact file. Repeat until all of the contacts you want added are added, then re- pair and connect your Droid.

Knarfhzm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
I had the same problem and I believe it may have been due to my being in a hurry. I sat in my car and deleted my phone from the car stereo. I also saw two previous owned phones and deleted those . Then I started fresh. I kept the phone close to the car stereo readout and watched as the car digitally printed out "download?" after phone synced with car. I pressed yes and then pressed yes again. My phone was reacting to the syncing. Eventually the car read out said "downloading" and I waited. After what seemed forever, which was probably about 3 minutes, the car readout said "downloaded." My phone went back to the home screen. Now all my contacts are available. I just needed to be patient.