Phone won't work after ICS update

yoko102308

Reaction score
So, I got the ICS update yesterday and I was in love with my phone again, but when I turned it on after charging it was stuck in the boot animation. Looked up the problem, most people had it fixed by using the Recovery mode. Did that, phone got stuck in "Updating Android Appliations" or something like that, and now it gets stuck right after the Moto "M" comes up, and I can't get past the Droid text. I'm not quite sure what to do now. :icon_eek:

takelberry80

Reaction score
having same issue with gfs phone.... any help would be appreciated

Eri

Reaction score
You're not the only one with this problem. Turned my phone off, tried to turn it on and it was stuck at the "Droid" screen. I popped my battery out, took out the SD card and SIM, replaced them and tried to power on once more. Still stuck. Did a reboot, same thing happened. Did a frickin' factory reset and it started downloading ICS, but now it is stuck at "Android is upgrading...starting applications". It's been like that for over an hour. I'm so frustrated with this phone, I don't know how something so basic as powering a phone off would result in this.

OP
Y

yoko102308

Reaction score
I used RSD lite and tried to flash the update. Seemed successful, but its stll stuck on the Droid screen. I'm haven't a clue what to do, and I can't get a replacement as my phone got wet back in August.

OP
Y

yoko102308

Reaction score
I used HoB and it went to the end (I think) when it says the radio is installing and the phone will reboot.The phone didn't reboot, and I only have the AP Fastboo flash mode boot failure now.

Edit: Yes, Ok battery

Last edited:
OP
Y

yoko102308

Reaction score
okay, got the Boot animation to work, but still stuck there. Followed all directions. I'll re-read and try again (that won't make it worse, right?)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm sure you know, after an update like ICS it's gonna take like 10 mins to finish... just in case you didn't know..

OP
Y

yoko102308

Reaction score
No, I'm here:

SamuriHL's House of Bionic 9.2

FLASH MODE: RSD

Ready to flash FXZ...

WARNING: RSD may appear and disappear several times during flashing.
DO NOT PANIC. This is normal.

NOTE: Your phone must be in AP Fastboot

Continue when ready to start flashing
Press any key to continue . . .
Flashing HouseOfBionic_FXZ.xml
1 file(s) copied.
erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.018s]
Flashing HouseOfBionic_WEBTOP.xml
1 file(s) copied.
Flashing HouseOfBionic_RADIO.xml
1 file(s) copied.

But it reboot my phone and it's stuck on the droid screen again. HoB hasn't done anything in about 25 minutes.

blissfully84

Reaction score
You're not the only one with this problem. Turned my phone off, tried to turn it on and it was stuck at the "Droid" screen. I popped my battery out, took out the SD card and SIM, replaced them and tried to power on once more. Still stuck. Did a reboot, same thing happened. Did a frickin' factory reset and it started downloading ICS, but now it is stuck at "Android is upgrading...starting applications". It's been like that for over an hour. I'm so frustrated with this phone, I don't know how something so basic as powering a phone off would result in this.

am stuck with the same problem , do you have a solution ?