Phone won't turn on/charge

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
So, last night I go to bed and my phone is charging and when I woke up, not only was my phone off, but it was also plugged in and now it won't even turn on. I took the battery out, kept it out for a while, then put it back in and charged it and still nothing happened. I changed the outlet and it didn't make a difference. Now I just have it and it won't turn on or anything. I'm not sure what to do...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wish I had answers for you but I would say leave it reconnected to the charger. It may eventually wake up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It could take as much as 30 minutes to reach sufficient charge to even begin showing signs of life, change light, charging indicator, etc.

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
It could take as much as 30 minutes to reach sufficient charge to even begin showing signs of life, change light, charging indicator, etc.

Okay, get this...my phone is getting hot even though nothing is happening. No lights, no nothing. This is getting more and more interesting as time goes on. I'll keep you posted.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The phone itself s getting hot? Make sure it's not the battery getting hot.. You may have a bad battery...
But even after removing the battery and putting it back in.. Your device won't boot?? Try pressing and holding power and volume down for about 10 Seconds...

That's all I've got..

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
The phone itself s getting hot? Make sure it's not the battery getting hot.. You may have a bad battery...
But even after removing the battery and putting it back in.. Your device won't boot?? Try pressing and holding power and volume down for about 10 Seconds...

That's all I've got..

Yeah, that's what I tried. I took it to the Verizon store and they didn't even know what the heck was wrong with it. So, after trying everything from dusting it to charging it, nothing would happen. So, they just decided to send me a temporary phone in the mail that should arrive within the next few days. So, I'm essentially phone less until I get the phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ugh.. That's not cool...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hope you have better luck with this device

sarah.j.matthews2

Reaction score
I took mine to shop I got from in uk they repaired under warranty it needed a new mother board.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk