Phone won't go to silent mode.

wingfoot

Reaction score
After the 2.2 update my phone won't go to silent mode.

I would hold down the volume bar on the right side of the phone and the used to go to silent mode, now as far down as it will go is the vibrate mode, anyone else have this problem? Any fix?

Triumphrider

Reaction score
I had this problem also. Go into menu, sounds, then vibrate. Select something other than always and then u can turn it to silent with the volume button.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jdubs44

Reaction score
I had this problem also. Go into menu, sounds, then vibrate. Select something other than always and then u can turn it to silent with the volume button.

I have this issue too, and I did what you said, but now it eliminates the Vibrate option in the volume control. Did it do that to yours too?

I am not happy with this update at all. I don't even want this phone anymore.

gekko3558

Reaction score

I have this issue too, and I did what you said, but now it eliminates the Vibrate option in the volume control. Did it do that to yours too?

With ya there... for 8 months Ive toggled between vibrate mode and silent mode for 9 hours a day 5 days a week with the click of one button... now its gone...

They blatantly removed the Vibrate mode... and now vibrate is a global option that either replaces ur silent mode (thus making it not silent), or vibrates during normal volume.

I'm honestly surprised at how little reaction this terrible change is getting...

Other than this, I love 2.2

jgreg

Reaction score

With ya there... for 8 months Ive toggled between vibrate mode and silent mode for 9 hours a day 5 days a week with the click of one button... now its gone...

They blatantly removed the Vibrate mode... and now vibrate is a global option that either replaces ur silent mode (thus making it not silent), or vibrates during normal volume.

I'm honestly surprised at how little reaction this terrible change is getting...

I am not just surprised I am shocked at how little response this issue is receiving. How can anyone that uses Droid in a business setting get by with silent only or vibrate only. This is a huge screw up on somebody's part.

gekko3558

Reaction score
I am not just surprised I am shocked at how little response this issue is receiving. How can anyone that uses Droid in a business setting get by with silent only or vibrate only. This is a huge screw up on somebody's part.

I am trying to do everything to get this issue out. I have written verizon, written google support. I wish there was something I could do to really express how difficult it is to use the phone the way ive been using phones for the past 8 years.

stacks04

Reaction score
I am with you guys. I hate it. They also changed the auto on when you unplug the charger. I now have to press the on button after unplugging the phone from its nightly charge to see if I have any missed calls or notifications. The silent/vibrate thing pisses me off more though.

OP
wingfoot

wingfoot

Reaction score

That drives me nuts also, not being able to toggle to vibrate and then silent, someone really F'd this up.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just discovered that when you hit the power button and you're on the screen to unlock the phone the right slide takes you to vibrate, not complete silence. Oh well, I have a widget to do that, but it's still surprising.

Maybe the FRG22 update will take care of it, or someone will make an app to change it back to the way it was.

Tango13va

Reaction score
i jus discovered this also this is so annoying what idiot would make an good update and leave out silent and vibrate mode in its on way dats so gay i dont understand i want my phone silent wen need and vibrate cuz i dont like using ringtones alot but if i do den i dont wanna change settings for all that crap dis is so annoying

bbrian12

Reaction score
this update is total b.s.
it was nice to just turn the ringer off and put it on the charger at night.
now i have to go through many steps to shut the ringer and vibrator off.
what was the problem
why did they have to mess i with it
it worked fine b4. now im so fed up with this phone i want rid of it but im stuck with it for the next year and a half

ness180

Reaction score
I received the update last night(8/18/2010) around 11:30pm. Just noticed today that my phone vibrate no longer works. Didn't start noticing until I saw my notification led blinking and then it said I missed 5 calls >.<

So right now it is either silent mode or ringer mode.